Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Tabletop collector on Australian TV

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

Tabletop collector on Australian TV Empty
PostSubject: Tabletop collector on Australian TV   Tabletop collector on Australian TV Icon_minitimeWed 6 May 2009 - 22:14

"So do you paint these under a microscope?" lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRVV6HpM_Uk&NR=1

I enjoyed watching this little report. The guy seems like a very friendly bloke: my type of hobbyist, 90% painting 10% gaming Razz

And I respectfully disagree with that sociologist's comment! There ARE a lot of women in the Warhammer world. Nearly 50% of my wood elf army has boobs (and that's without the dryads)! Wink

Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop collector on Australian TV   Tabletop collector on Australian TV Icon_minitimeWed 6 May 2009 - 23:32

Why didn't they get a more average gamer? In my experience there are more gamers and modelers whoa ren't (in all fairness) very good. I'm not playing devil's-advocate here, just curious.

Thanks for posting!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop collector on Australian TV   Tabletop collector on Australian TV Icon_minitimeThu 7 May 2009 - 12:50

Chad wrote:
Why didn't they get a more average gamer? In my experience there are more gamers and modelers whoa ren't (in all fairness) very good. I'm not playing devil's-advocate here, just curious.

Good point. Most gamers, if they paint AT ALL, do a VERY basic paint job. The "collector" types refer to this level of painting as "war game's quality"...the snobs Suspect . When presenting minis to the general public magazines, such as WG or some of the "historical" game mags like War Games Illustrated, tend to use extremely high quality minis as a way either to put the hobby in the best possible light or showcase their minis & mags in an as attractive manner as possible for sales purposes. While this may sell mags & minis, it CAN also turn folks who doubt their artistic abilities away from the hobby, which is rather sad. Deaf Nala Smiley
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop collector on Australian TV   Tabletop collector on Australian TV Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tabletop collector on Australian TV
Page 1 of 1