Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

[WIP] Ostlander Captain

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaquemart
Champion
Champion
Jaquemart

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

ostlander - [WIP] Ostlander Captain Empty
PostSubject: [WIP] Ostlander Captain   ostlander - [WIP] Ostlander Captain Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009 - 19:52

Alrighty, so just to be clear don't get your hopes to high! I'm pretty average so far as both my painting and modeling are concerned. I've managed to get my digital camera up and running so I figured I'd take a few pics of the model in question thus far.

Okay so the head is from the Empire Flagellants spruce, The torso and legs from the Empire Artillery Spruce, the arms are from Empire Pistolliers. I suppose it looked better in my head, but I tried to model the legs into a sort of saunter, on top of some mandatory cracked flagstones. He is wearing a sash trying to make the join line less obvious and add a dash of bright colour to the model.

The head was bald and the eyes were just two empty sockets, I tried to model in a good eye on the left and kept the right socket empty (he has a great scar over the top of it). I figured it wouldn't do to have a bald leader so I attempted to model of a little leather cap.

http://img242.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=p4270040.jpg

I think that he will (with luck) look a hell of a lot better painted! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Ostlander Captain   ostlander - [WIP] Ostlander Captain Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009 - 20:40

LOOKIN' GOOD! thumbsup That's a potentially very nice mini mounted on a fine looking base. If your painting matches your prep work, you'll have yourself a piece to be proud of. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
dwi
Warlord
Warlord
dwi

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Ostlander Captain   ostlander - [WIP] Ostlander Captain Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009 - 7:30

Well as a fello Ostlander player let me say that your Elder (thats who he is right?) is one of the best I have seen in a long time,and don't get too worked up about your painting skills I no't bad but I am no't good ether.I am just too lazey too do undercoats I just slap the paint on and hope for the best I found this is a good way too paint Dwarfs anywho I hope we can see more soon thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Jaquemart
Champion
Champion
Jaquemart

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Ostlander Captain   ostlander - [WIP] Ostlander Captain Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009 - 17:48

Cheers guys! I'm trying my hand at modeling on a sword over the outstretched arm. Once that dries tomorrow morning I'll finish that base coat and get to work painting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Ostlander Captain   ostlander - [WIP] Ostlander Captain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[WIP] Ostlander Captain
Page 1 of 1