Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...

Go down 
+8
Chad
blessed knight
Da Bank
cianty
DeafNala
Eliazar
Blackjack13
lord marcus
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lord marcus
Veteran
Veteran
lord marcus

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls... Empty
PostSubject: THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...   THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls... Icon_minitimeSun 12 Apr 2009 - 7:08

IIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!

in 4th a 20 man box of guard cost $35

now, in 5th with the new release of guardsmen the same old (excuse expletive) shiz is halved per box at $22 for 10 men. if you bought two boxes, that works out to $44 per 20 men....a nine dollar price increase, and with no added goodies..... i'm glad i only did a few test models for my adeptus mechanicus guard. may the gods of table top gaming, and someone with larger brass balls, sue the company for the price hike. i mean come on. in this economy, they should be lowering the price, like reaper did...

end rant
Back to top Go down
Blackjack13
Hero
Hero
Blackjack13

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...   THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls... Icon_minitimeSun 12 Apr 2009 - 14:46

Yes GW are a bunch of [INSERT ANY NUMBER OF EXPLETIVES], and the new Imperial Guard rip-off is unbelievable (though they did the same thing with the Empire in WHFB), especially now that they are dropping to 4pts a model so you need to take more... The best bet for all new Imperial Guard players will be to get the £50 (sorry, don't know the US equivilant) box set witch pretty much makes up a platoon (1 command, 2 squads, 3 heavy teams & sentinel - according to my GW chum) and make an army up that way, though that is hardly a reassuring thought.

I for one have been put off doing Imperial Guard, my favourite army, in 40K with this new increase & 'dex - thank Mordheimer & Da Bank for Death Squads!! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...   THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls... Icon_minitimeSun 12 Apr 2009 - 14:51

With the Empire, they did at least produce new miniatures (the old ones, i.e. milita, are still available as the large box)... This really sucks, especially as I forgot to buy a box of Catachans before Sad At least the pound is not too strong against the Euro at the moment, so I can make great savings anyway (Exchange rate + cheaper pound prices anyway = about 30% off each item Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
lord marcus
Veteran
Veteran
lord marcus

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...   THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls... Icon_minitimeSun 12 Apr 2009 - 14:56

yes well, the empire state troops look like thier in p'jama's, not to mention the guy with no boots....personnaly piffy and eccentric oldies were better...but i digress from my point.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...   THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls... Icon_minitimeSun 12 Apr 2009 - 16:06

HOORAY! IT'S RANT TIME! We Old Guys DO love a good rant, AND no one is as good in supplying rant motivation as GW.
GW has about the same business ethics as Jesse James, although without the gun. Their "new" rule books invariably are geared to selling more minis often at the price of destroying collections. While the rest of Minidom has adapted to the popularity of skirmish level gaming, GW in its infinite arrogance is pushing the UBERGAMES like Apocalyse, Legendary Battles, &, now the War of the Ring. They are laboring under the assumption that no matter what outrage they perpetrate on the Gaming Community that gamers will just follow along adoringly like a horde of adolescent groupies, AND they ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!
If we don't like their prices, "new" rules, the "new" White Dwarf, lack of support, or whatever, then we SHOULDN'T buy their stuff. Further, we SHOULD let them know why we let our WD subscription lapse, why we're using surrogate minis or switched to a different Game System. If you're a card carrying Old Radical [like moi ], you COULD boycott their events, preferrably in front of the entrance to said events.
In short, until they get the idea [ideas & GW are mutually exclusive terms at the moment] that they ARE NOT the only game in town, AND that their customers ARE NOT sheep, they will continue with their present policies, & we will only have ourselves to blame.
Thus endeth ANOTHER sermon of the day.
Say Amen.
Deaf Nala Smiley
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...   THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls... Icon_minitimeSun 12 Apr 2009 - 16:29

Amen.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
lord marcus
Veteran
Veteran
lord marcus

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...   THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls... Icon_minitimeSun 12 Apr 2009 - 16:33

god bless the font of immortal wisdom that is deafnala. amen.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...   THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls... Icon_minitimeSun 12 Apr 2009 - 21:17

Hallelujah, Amen!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...   THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls... Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2009 - 0:12

The White Dwarf is a rip off. I used to religiously purchase one each month from the local gaming store but now I stopped as the content is horrible.

I am not happy with them raising the prices in such a manner on the new IG models. Granted I was not going to purchase tons of them but rather one box of regular guys and one each of the IG and Catachan HQ for Death Squads but to those hard core 40Kers this really hits them below the belt.

In all seriousness, you might as well start purchasing Foregeworld Minis at least you get highly detailed and unique models. LOL.

I truly dislike GW strategy but thoroughly enjoy the products. Sounds lke a crack addict who hates wasting all his money on crack but enjoys the feeling. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...   THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls... Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2009 - 0:27

Da Bank wrote:
I truly dislike GW strategy but thoroughly enjoy the products. Sounds lke a crack addict who hates wasting all his money on crack but enjoys the feeling. LOL.

That's exactly what I feel like Wink
Back to top Go down
blessed knight
Warlord
Warlord
blessed knight

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...   THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls... Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2009 - 0:53

they are probably just upping prices to take into account everybody going on the web for deals. Very Happy

incidentally, it looks like all the battle forces will be rising in price to approx £55
($95?)

I was always a bit miffed at needing to buy 20, but the pricing is appalling.
(assuming nothing has been added to the sprue)
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...   THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls... Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2009 - 1:26

Unless, there are miniatures of Shakira on them then there is no need to increase the price. affraid
Back to top Go down
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...   THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls... Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2009 - 14:28

Hi long time no see. These guys are still £4.90 for five http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1300109&prodId=prod1400022. But they're pretty lame models. I've been contemplating starting 40K, if I do I'll just build an Emperor Titan and flip the finger. I think that we're just going to see loads more tank-heavy armies, what with Baneblades having such a (comparitively) good cash-to-points ratio.
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...   THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls... Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2009 - 16:44

I feel ya on all this. Its getting to the point where I only want to play my Dwarf army and put my OrKs on hold or sell them off, since I can afford only one main army. *Sighs*.

Thank goodness Ive gotten into the Historical aspect of gamming, but with all the hardcore GW players out there, they only want FB or 40k, hard to russle up any other game, besides those.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...   THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls... Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2009 - 19:31

Yea, I noticed the battlebox went up by $5 and they raised the price on the new Valkerie already. It was $50 when it first started and it is up to $58 already. LOL. Freakin insane. There is no reason for it to be that much as all it is model kit. No different than putting one of those cars together with that glue in the tube.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...   THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls... Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2009 - 20:20

We're ALL going to have to drop out of mainstream gaming, tune into Death Squad, move down by Da Bank & Mordheimer, AND form the Gamers In Exile Commune. Deaf Nala Smiley
Back to top Go down
KRUG_666
Veteran
Veteran
KRUG_666

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...   THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls... Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2009 - 22:06

As shitty as the price hike is, I will still buy models. though not from direct.
Back to top Go down
http://www.woebringer.blogspot.com
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...   THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls... Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2009 - 22:42

DeafNala wrote:
We're ALL going to have to drop out of mainstream gaming, tune into Death Squad, move down by Da Bank & Mordheimer, AND form the Gamers In Exile Commune. Deaf Nala Smiley

Say when! Im sick of this shithole Im already living in anyways lol.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...   THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls... Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2009 - 22:52

@Deafnala...Yea! Sounds good. It would be great to have some more gamers in our area and Death Squads is going great. It is wasn't for work we would have more done. LOL.

Our gaming model I believe is good as one only needs to buy what he needs to play. We prefer GW but it other models are suitable then there are no issues.

@Krugg...you changed your avatar!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...   THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls... Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2009 - 22:55

@BlackJack...sorry I missed your kudos for Death Squads. Thanks. I can't wait to see some of your fluff for the game and etc. It is moving right along. We just got a gaming group in the Netherlands to start it up. Yea!!!!
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...   THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Apr 2009 - 0:20

KRUG_666 wrote:
As shitty as the price hike is, I will still buy models. though not from direct.

I too will continue to buy models. Just not Citadel models.. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
KRUG_666
Veteran
Veteran
KRUG_666

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...   THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Apr 2009 - 0:41

Citadel's stuff is consistently gotten better, too bad GW keeps raising their prices and shutting down stores....
Back to top Go down
http://www.woebringer.blogspot.com
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...   THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Apr 2009 - 0:45

Yes, they have (GW) gotten better, especially with going with plastics. They are great!! I have heard about the store closing but with none in my state I have not even noticed.

They are quite expensive to keep running due to the high rent locations and etc. You needed to sell thousands a day (average as the weekends were the money makers) to keep the place afloat.
Back to top Go down
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...   THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Apr 2009 - 14:28

When will we be able to get the death squads rule set? I've still got half a box of Cadians lying around (and two half-finished Necromunda gangs) that I want to get fightin'.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...   THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Apr 2009 - 15:36

It is almost there. We are doing some finishing touches on it.

Do you have a gaming group that can play?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...   THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THEY've done the most idiotic, sycophantic, brass balls...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next