Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Hello from Ottawa

Go down 
+2
cianty
cobaltearthgem
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cobaltearthgem
Hero
Hero
cobaltearthgem

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

Hello from Ottawa Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Ottawa   Hello from Ottawa Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr 2009 - 22:08

Hey folks thought I'd make a quick post to introduce myself here.

I've been playing Warhammer games since about 2 months after the release of Mordheim. I'd had a friend very into WFB who had tried to get me playing Fantasy Battles for quite awhile. He had gone so far as to give me a 3000 point Orcs and Goblins army, and I was just not interested.

Then he got the Mordheim boxed set, and I was hooked. I've been a champion of Mordheim at the local Warhammer club (The Centretown Warhammer Club) for a few years now and we've just started playing again. Thursday nights are Mordheim night at my place (I can set up and feild enough buildings to fill 4 4x4 tables) and another member of the club has plans to formalize things into a League/campaign (I simply do not have the time to administer something right now).

I've been lurking here for a few weeks now getting some inspiration for new buildings (my goal is to be able to PACK 6 4x4 table) and to try and inspire me to get the rest of my Mordheim Warbands painted.

Well that's enough about me, hello!
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

Hello from Ottawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ottawa   Hello from Ottawa Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr 2009 - 23:41

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for your intro. So what warbands are you going to play?

See you around. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Hello from Ottawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ottawa   Hello from Ottawa Icon_minitimeMon 6 Apr 2009 - 0:39

Well six 4'X4' tables loaded with Mordheim goodness should keep you busy for awhile. You ARE MOST DEFINITELY WELCOME ABOARD! cheers
May you have a LONG & MERRY stay here at Our Fearless Leader Tom's Sleep Yet Inspiring Nonetheless Mordheim Forum. HAVE FUN, Amigo! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Identity
Elder
Elder
Identity

Trading Reputation : -2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

Hello from Ottawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ottawa   Hello from Ottawa Icon_minitimeMon 6 Apr 2009 - 0:50

Wow. That's an absurd amount of terrain to have at your own place. Might we get a few pictures in the gallery of what you have so far?
Back to top Go down
cobaltearthgem
Hero
Hero
cobaltearthgem

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info

Hello from Ottawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ottawa   Hello from Ottawa Icon_minitimeMon 6 Apr 2009 - 4:48

Okay, let's see if I can puzzle out the images...

Okay the next two pictures account for about 80% of my current terrain collection for Mordheim. I have two boxes "in the wild" at other gamer's houses that I am trying to play more Mordheim.

This is the "came with the boxed set terrain with a few Blood on the Streets mixed in... Hello from Ottawa IMG_6021

Now this is a good selection of my homemade stuff, most of it is templated off the boxed set stuff. I have the other two boxes which are mostly the "Long House" and the "Medium Corner" buildings

Hello from Ottawa IMG_6023

Finally the one thing that got me upset about trying to share my passion for Mordheim with others, I had dropped off 3 boxes of terrain with my local club for general use, many of the above pieces came back when I picked them up from the club, what also came back was this...

Hello from Ottawa IMG_6022

This looks to me like someone was purposely disassembling the buildings, this does not strike me as normal wera and tear. Ah well, I'll get everything back good as new a quick as I can, plus some new homemade ones and we'll be right as rain.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Hello from Ottawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ottawa   Hello from Ottawa Icon_minitimeMon 6 Apr 2009 - 8:50

AAAAAAAAARRRGH! I had a similar experience with terrain I made for a local Gaming Store. A fair number of Gamers are either total oafs or simply jerks. I had some idiots scratching holes in the pieces to see what they were made of. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Hello from Ottawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ottawa   Hello from Ottawa Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr 2009 - 14:51

Stores are terrain killers.

I have had similar experiences. My policy nowadays is to not leave anything at the store and to only allow the use of my terrain in my presence.

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info

Hello from Ottawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ottawa   Hello from Ottawa Icon_minitimeThu 9 Apr 2009 - 18:43

Welcome aboard and glad to have you. I feel the pain of the terrain issue. At my last Hobby shop, a friend and I put together alot of terrain for a Mordheim campaign and they just abused it Oh well I guess.

Good luck on your endevors of recruiting more people to this wonderful hobby and the true gammers will remain for a lifetime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Ottawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ottawa   Hello from Ottawa Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Ottawa
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Welcome Newbies!-
Jump to: