Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

First mordheim/ADHQ models done - Averlanders

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
squattingmouse
General
General
squattingmouse

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

First mordheim/ADHQ models done - Averlanders Empty
PostSubject: First mordheim/ADHQ models done - Averlanders   First mordheim/ADHQ models done - Averlanders Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr 2009 - 15:20

So finished the first half of my warband which is holding its own so far in the campaign despite not actually winning any games.....

First mordheim/ADHQ models done - Averlanders Mounta11

So there are my three mountain guards and I've just realized the trouble is I can now see some flaws....damn my new monitors clarity! The heavy inking is to try and create a dirty, sooty stained look to their clothing which I think is more appropriate for someone picking through the ruins of a city. Below are three of my heroes. From Left to right my youngblood, Sergeant and Captain. All of these models have been made from the state troops bow with only the addition of a holstered pistol for the captain. The bases are all brown to blend in with the advanced heroquest board sections which the models will also be used for.

First mordheim/ADHQ models done - Averlanders Yb_sgt10

I've tried to make the Sgt and the Mountain Guards look like a unit whilst the Captain and youngblood I've tried to make more individual. Sorry about all the white space at the top but I couldn't get photshop to svae the new versions! Any comments? I'm now starting the 2 bergjaegers (Lord of the rings Gondor rangers) and my halflings (Fighting Cocks models).
Back to top Go down
http://squattingmouse.tabletopgeeks.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: First mordheim/ADHQ models done - Averlanders   First mordheim/ADHQ models done - Averlanders Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr 2009 - 15:38

VERY NICE AND in character Averlanders. The plumes make the minis. The painting & the basing are VERY well done; nothing to critisize at all. Fine use of the Empire Troops sprues; it's cool to see some Spearmen included in a War Band rather than a bunch of club armed thugs [ Suspect ]. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
squattingmouse
General
General
squattingmouse

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: First mordheim/ADHQ models done - Averlanders   First mordheim/ADHQ models done - Averlanders Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr 2009 - 15:42

The basing is meant to look like cracked flagstones. The brown was the best match I could get for the floor plans for advanced heroquest which is what I was originally making the models up for (so there's a dwarf and wizard as wells as about 30 assorted skaven in the pipeline and an ogre or two). The floorplans look like this.....

First mordheim/ADHQ models done - Averlanders Ahqcorridors
Back to top Go down
http://squattingmouse.tabletopgeeks.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: First mordheim/ADHQ models done - Averlanders   First mordheim/ADHQ models done - Averlanders Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr 2009 - 15:50

That makes it EVEN BETTER! It looks to be a pretty close match. WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First mordheim/ADHQ models done - Averlanders   First mordheim/ADHQ models done - Averlanders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First mordheim/ADHQ models done - Averlanders
Page 1 of 1