Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Tecocol's Cohort - Lizardmen Warband

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Identity
Elder
Elder
Identity

Trading Reputation : -2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Warband - Tecocol's Cohort - Lizardmen Warband Empty
PostSubject: Tecocol's Cohort - Lizardmen Warband   Warband - Tecocol's Cohort - Lizardmen Warband Icon_minitimeFri 3 Apr 2009 - 13:49

Intro:
Imperiled by the great skaven menace, the slann mage-priests had no time to worry about a small human raiding party off the coast of the ruined city Tlax. In fact it was not until decade later, after the rat creatures had finally been purged from the shores of lustria, that it was found the city had been looted. A slann from nearby Xlanhuapec was contemplating a prophecy when it was realized that he was missing an integral plaque. It had been located in a secret chamber deep beneath Tlax, but the humans had made off with it during the turmoil of the war. The prophecy was of great importance, and after much further meditation, it was determined that the looters operated out of the city in which the forked-tongue coment collided. Using ancient magics, the mage-priest opened a gateway to the the city, sending through the skink priest Tecocol with a dozen warriors of various spawnings. His mission was simple: retrieve the plaque by any means necessary. If reinforcements were needed, the immense energies of the gate could be reactivated with an infusion of wyrdstone. Otherwise, the group was to do its best trading with the locals and resorting to force when needed.

(That's how I justify the lizards sneaking around the City of the Damned)

Ok, with the Lizardmen being my principle warband, I am a bit ashamed to have not posted any pictures of them yet. They are currently in the process of being re-based in order to fit into both the Mordheim and Lustrian settings, which is why they have not been photographed. As I haven't made any significant progress in completing their bases, I decided I might as well post the one mini I have lying around here, my kroxigor. This is probably about the 15th model I ever painted (roughly a decade ago), but I did spend an exorbitant amount of time on him. As he is not attached to the base, he required the assistance of a night runner to stand up (this is the last time you will ever see a skaven aiding a lizardman to stand on his own).

Warband - Tecocol's Cohort - Lizardmen Warband DSC02013

Warband - Tecocol's Cohort - Lizardmen Warband DSC02016
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Tecocol's Cohort - Lizardmen Warband   Warband - Tecocol's Cohort - Lizardmen Warband Icon_minitimeFri 3 Apr 2009 - 15:02

SSSSPLENDID! I like the dark coloration you chose; it makes for a more ominous appearance. Of course being a HUGE muscle bound Lizard weilding a SERIOUSLY large club is fairly ominous in & of itself. If this is one of your early pieces, I look forward to seeing your newer works. I rather like his/her/its base. The broken flagstones would seem to work for both Lustria & Mordheim. VERY NICE WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
dwi
Warlord
Warlord
dwi

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Tecocol's Cohort - Lizardmen Warband   Warband - Tecocol's Cohort - Lizardmen Warband Icon_minitimeSat 4 Apr 2009 - 11:53

Ooooo Wow,My Friend You Are A Good Painter You Out Class Me (But Only A Little Though) I Love The Lizardman Figs And When You Post Your Skink Pirest Guy I Hope Hes Just As Good As The Big Guy That We Have Seen So Far Keep It Up thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Tecocol's Cohort - Lizardmen Warband   Warband - Tecocol's Cohort - Lizardmen Warband Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr 2009 - 8:01

Nicely done! Now those can be called "Thunder Lizards". Cant wait to see more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tecocol's Cohort - Lizardmen Warband   Warband - Tecocol's Cohort - Lizardmen Warband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tecocol's Cohort - Lizardmen Warband
Page 1 of 1