HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 
 

 [BTB] Some questions.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gymc



Posts : 2
Trading Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: [BTB] Some questions.   Tue 31 Mar 2009 - 9:04

Hello everyone. I have started playing a BTB campaing with few of my mates. We have had a few quarrels about some of the rules and i was wondering if you guys could help us out.

1) Battle Monks of Cathay dont seem to have access to daggers is their equipment list. I assume this is a mistake and they can infact use daggers?


2) In the Celestial Protectorate -objective, when you have cathered 20 CP you get to send one of your heroes to the monastery to heal a serious injury and miss D3+1 games. Does that hero heal all of his serious injuries or just one at a time? Rules seem to state that only one injury is healed but I'm just making sure.


3) In the (special) scenario 9 "The Heist", the rules state that:

The attacking warband has to search the six
buildings/forests in the hope of uncovering the thief’s
hideout. If one of their Heroes moves inside one of
these buildings/forests and it had been empty before,
then the player rolls once on the following table.

What exactly does "had been empty before" mean? Does it mean that if there is a member of the opposing warband inside the building, then you cant search it? Or does it simply state that you cant search the same building over and over again? The wording is not very clear.


4) Marauders of Chaos warband rules state that:

Hired Swords: Most Hired Swords refuse to work for the powers of Chaos. Therefore a Marauder warband may only hire the following Hired Swords: Pit Fighters, Ogre Bodyguards, Warlocks (except marauder warbands that include members with the Mark of Arkhar) and Imperial Assassins.

The Cathayan Merchants rules state that:
May be Hired: Any warband which includes Humans or Dwarfs may hire a Cathayan Merchant.

So can Marauders of Chaos hire a Cathayan Merchant?


5) Can you fire a crossbow while on board a wagon and the wagon has moved? Technically the model himself has not moved and has time to take aim.


Thanks for any help!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard


Posts : 5274
Trading Reputation : 5
Join date : 2007-09-27
Location : Berlin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Some questions.   Tue 31 Mar 2009 - 10:25

gymc wrote:
Hello everyone. I have started playing a BTB campaing with few of my mates. We have had a few quarrels about some of the rules and i was wondering if you guys could help us out.

Well, first off, welcome to TBMF! Glad you joined and play a BTB campaign. Now let's have a look at your questions...

gymc wrote:
1) Battle Monks of Cathay dont seem to have access to daggers is their equipment list. I assume this is a mistake and they can infact use daggers?

Yes and no. Smile Battle Monks (ie Dragon Monks and Warrior Monks = the actual monks) are indeed not supposed to have/use/buy daggers. It wouldn't makes sense for them anyway. They can fight without penalties when bare handed and both hands count as individual weapons (+1 Attack). So there is no situation where a monk would ever want to purchase a dagger. In addition, we didn't like the thought of having these martial artists run around with little knives...

As for the Soldier Equipment list - now that is a mistake. Here I simply forgot to add the dagger.


gymc wrote:
2) In the Celestial Protectorate -objective, when you have cathered 20 CP you get to send one of your heroes to the monastery to heal a serious injury and miss D3+1 games. Does that hero heal all of his serious injuries or just one at a time? Rules seem to state that only one injury is healed but I'm just making sure.

Just as the rules say: "heal a permanent Serious Injury". It would say "heal all permanent Serious Injuries", if that was what was meant. Smile


gymc wrote:
3) [...] What exactly does "had been empty before" mean? Does it mean that if there is a member of the opposing warband inside the building, then you cant search it?

Yes. That's what the phrase is meant for.

gymc wrote:
4) [...] can Marauders of Chaos hire a Cathayan Merchant?

No, they can't. Marauders are not supposed to count as "humans" for this purpose.

gymc wrote:
5) Can you fire a crossbow while on board a wagon and the wagon has moved? Technically the model himself has not moved and has time to take aim.

Yes, that is how we play it. The original wagon rules from the Empire in Flames supplement don't say anything about this. The intuitive/logical/fair ruling here is to allow models to shoot their crossbows (since as you just said, the models didn't move themselves) and then apply a -1 modifier for "Shooting from a moving surface/ground". This modifier doesn't exist in the main rules but this seems to be the best solution. In fact, the Merchant's marksmen are supposed to be able to shoot from the caravan's wagon.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
gymc



Posts : 2
Trading Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Some questions.   Tue 31 Mar 2009 - 10:59

great, that clears everything. Thanks a lot Cianty!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard


Posts : 5274
Trading Reputation : 5
Join date : 2007-09-27
Location : Berlin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Some questions.   Tue 31 Mar 2009 - 11:12

gymc wrote:
great, that clears everything. Thanks a lot Cianty!

You're welcome! Enjoy your games!

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Some questions.   Today at 1:32

Back to top Go down
 
[BTB] Some questions.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» mark 3 questions
» Horus Questions
» Newbie Questions
» You have questions, we try to have answers
» Exam Questions gone Wrong

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Rules and Gameplay-
Jump to: