Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Skitr's Swarm - Skaven Clan Eshin

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Identity
Elder
Elder
Identity

Trading Reputation : -2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Skitr's Swarm  - Skaven Clan Eshin Empty
PostSubject: Skitr's Swarm - Skaven Clan Eshin   Skitr's Swarm  - Skaven Clan Eshin Icon_minitimeFri 27 Mar 2009 - 14:20

(Abbreviated Intro)
Known for the last living sound heard by his victims, Skitr has long been resident of Mordheim. Until recently, he preferred to live (and hunt) on his own, but now there is turmoil within Clan Eshin. With a sizable stash of warpstone, a retinue of elite fighters, and the "disappearance" of a few choice rivals, Skitr knows he can rise to prominence. Now is his time to act...

These henchmen are mostly done. Some details such as bags and straps will get additional work later on. All the weapons will be touched up as well, but for the most part, these fellows are complete.
Also, most of the arms are attached via magnets, so if they shift between pictures, that is the explanation.
Skitr's Swarm  - Skaven Clan Eshin DSC01992

Click for closeups:
Spoiler:
Let me know what you think. Critiques are not only okay, they are encouraged. I'm a relatively inexperienced painter, and my current repertoire only consists of washing and drybrushing. My forays into various methods of highlighting have proved "interesting" at best, but eventually I'll break some ground.

Now, hopefully I can begin on my heroes and rat ogre a bit. There were a couple conversions I was planning though...
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Skitr's Swarm - Skaven Clan Eshin   Skitr's Swarm  - Skaven Clan Eshin Icon_minitimeFri 27 Mar 2009 - 14:32

I love your bases, and the general idea, though I'd like to encourage you to thin down your paints a bit more, and to blend a bit more. that way you won't obscure the details too much.. also, the hues will come out better then full covered thick paints can provide..

keep up the good work!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Skitr's Swarm - Skaven Clan Eshin   Skitr's Swarm  - Skaven Clan Eshin Icon_minitimeFri 27 Mar 2009 - 15:03

VERY NICE! There's very little to critique on your minis. The bases ARE excellent. The colors you chose require little in the way of highlighting or blending; ergo, your dry brush/wash provide a FINE finish to the minis. The metallics are perfect for the Rat Guys. One little thing you might try is to add a dot of yellow or orangish yellow to the red eyes to provide a glowing effect. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Skitr's Swarm - Skaven Clan Eshin   Skitr's Swarm  - Skaven Clan Eshin Icon_minitimeFri 27 Mar 2009 - 18:41

Very nice job on these disease filled vermin. Another target for my lads to swing at!

I love the bases, spectacular job! The painting on them is really really good, your blending and layering technique is great. Keep it up and Im ready for some more!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skitr's Swarm - Skaven Clan Eshin   Skitr's Swarm  - Skaven Clan Eshin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skitr's Swarm - Skaven Clan Eshin
Page 1 of 1