Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

New member from Luxembourg

Go down 
+2
Eliazar
Duredhel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Duredhel
Hero
Hero
Duredhel

Trading Reputation : 0

New member from Luxembourg Empty
PostSubject: New member from Luxembourg   New member from Luxembourg Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2009 - 11:47

Hi there,

I have been lurking this website for quite a few months now and have finally decided to join the ranks. I love the amount of knowledge and experience gathered here, as well as the enthusiasm and drool over your talents for building scenery (quite jealous of some of the tables you guys get to play on).

I have just started running a Mordheim campaign with four friends of mine here in Luxembourg. We are all fairly new to GW games, although we all owned various figurines (either from WHFB, WH40K, LOTR or Mordheim (I have had the starter's box for 8 years but had never played)).

The campaign we run is set in Mordheim, where we are using the rules and the map provided on the Mordheimer site, slightly adapted. We have included encampments and services (driven by the territories captured by the players).

Encampments provide, for a certain fee and upkeep, advantages, such as increasing the max size of the warband, increasing the size of the treasure stash gathered (we added a simple encumbrance stat to all items), and other various in game bonuses. Encampments may be upgraded (e.g. with barricades, traps, heads on pikes, tunnels, kennels, etc). Some sample encampments are: tavern, graveyard, temple, brothel, manor, etc...). Some may provide different bonuses according to the warband.

Services, such as, doctor, bathhouse, whore, training ground, mage, priest or even assassin, provide for a fee the possibility for example to reroll an advancement (training ground), to ignore the last injury sustained (bathhouse), to earn info on one of the city's quarters (cartographer), etc.

The campaign also includes a pitfighting arena tournament on the side.

The warbands contending in the campaign are : CoC, Possessed and Druchii. Most of the fights will pit each warband against a non campaigning warband determined by the quarter that is being fought in (or randomly if no fluff supports the choice of a specific warband). Those non contending warbands would be played by one of the other players, the campaign leader (myself) or another friend. We have the following warbands for that purpose: skaven (dreaded by all players), SoS, WH, all 3 mercenary warbands, undead and Mordheimer Fanatics.

Well, that's it. Thanks for reading this post.

Last edited by Duredhel on Thu 12 Mar 2009 - 11:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: New member from Luxembourg   New member from Luxembourg Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2009 - 11:50

Welcome to the forum!

Your campaign sounds very interesting! Hopefully, you will post some battle reports and pics Wink

What rules are you going to use for the pitfighting?
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: New member from Luxembourg   New member from Luxembourg Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2009 - 11:54

Welcome to the forum! cheers

Thanks for the thorogh introduction.

Do you know that there are rules for encampments in Mordheim? They were published in the Town Cryer Magazine. From what I read it doesn't seem like you were using thos (which is cool, of course), but they might be good inspiration.

Alright, enjoy your stay!
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: New member from Luxembourg   New member from Luxembourg Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2009 - 12:09

WOW! Encamping in a Brothel. What WONDEROUS possibilities that implies.

YOU ARE TRULY WELCOME ABOARD! cheers

May you have a LONG & MERRY stay here at Our Fearless Leader Tom's Sleep But Cool in a Geeky Sort of Way Mordheim Forum. LOVE to hear & see more about your Campaign Adventures & Ideas. Have FUN, Amigo! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Duredhel
Hero
Hero
Duredhel

PostSubject: Re: New member from Luxembourg   New member from Luxembourg Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2009 - 12:12

For the pit fighting, we use rules adapted from TC. Basically, each warband will create a team, consisting of 1 leader, 2 other members and 2 reserves. Each warband has to bet at least 10gp (we use the odds system provided in TC) and choose a difficulty for the upcoming fight (easy, normal, hard). Each team is rewarded for fighting (1D3+difficulty rating) x10 gp, and if they win they get the money from the bet as well. Difficulty rating is (1 for easy, 3 for normal and 5 for hard). The first pit fight pitted (excuse my english, it's not my main language) the arena leader to a pitfighter. As the tournament progresses, there will be mini scenarios (such as the ones provided in TC).

I have read all the TC (thanks for providing them btw), but I didn't like the encampment rules as they were provided. My objective was to give more of a strategical aspect to our campaign and give some "meaning" to the territories that the players take control of. Obviously, there may be some inconsistencies in the prices for the services and the costs and upkeeps of the encampments, as we don't have the experience to assess the potential balance issues that may arise, but we are playing between friends and, while the battles are "competitive", players don't argue too much.

For the battle reports and pics, hemm I'd be a bit ashamed to provide pics as we basically only have the boxed set of buildings and one house and a chapel, which we built but haven't really put much details in. We sometimes use styrofoam boxes from various appliances purchased Embarassed .
A friend and I are currently working on building a tower, but it still has some way to go before being playable.

Last edited by Duredhel on Thu 12 Mar 2009 - 12:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: New member from Luxembourg   New member from Luxembourg Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2009 - 12:19

@Encampments: Fair. It's great if you adapt them so that you get more out of your games. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: New member from Luxembourg   New member from Luxembourg Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2009 - 14:01

Welcome to the forums, sounds like a great campaign.
Back to top Go down
Nashan

Nashan

PostSubject: Re: New member from Luxembourg   New member from Luxembourg Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2009 - 14:44

Hi everybody,

Since our GM Duredhel introduced himself, I thought it would be nice to introduced myself too Smile

I'm currently playing the Possessed, and I'm trying to roleplay them as devoted to Malal. The cool thing is that it gives me a good reason to kick Chaos asses every once in a while Twisted Evil

It quite enjoy my band so far although I'm really not satisfied with the official GW figures. At the moment, I'm trying to make my own Possessed, based on flagellants and marauders modified with the mutations blister (much too large limbs unfortunately), and some pieces of Genestealers. I'll post pictures when I'll get something decent Rolling Eyes

Cheers, people !
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: New member from Luxembourg   New member from Luxembourg Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2009 - 15:01

You REALLY deserve your VERY own Thread, but, since you want to share...WELCOME ABOARD! cheers

May you too have a GLORIOUS, INSPIRING, MERRY OLD STAY here at Our Beleaguered Fearless Leader Tom's Sleep Mordheim Forum & Geek Sanctuary. MOSTLY have FUN! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member from Luxembourg   New member from Luxembourg Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member from Luxembourg
Page 1 of 1