Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Colonial Wargamming

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

Colonial Wargamming Empty
PostSubject: Colonial Wargamming   Colonial Wargamming Icon_minitimeMon 9 Mar 2009 - 6:12

Hey folks, been extremely busy painting up my 3000k Dwarf army for a tourney in June. One of the rules is they must all be painted to for the extra points, which is good. Gets me off my butt and wants me to do them right. Enough of that for now.

Also I have been ghosting the LeadAdventure forums for some time and looking into starting a Colonial army and a Arab one and while using the T&T ruleset. That way if someone in my area would like to try, bam, they got an army already. Has anyone tried these?

Also interested in Old West one and of course the LotHS gaming as well, and I know Cianty is the pro there. Any info would be great, thanks a ton.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Colonial Wargamming   Colonial Wargamming Icon_minitimeMon 9 Mar 2009 - 9:37

The LAF is good source for those questions indeed.

Drugart wrote:
Also interested in Old West one and of course the LotHS gaming as well, and I know Cianty is the pro there. Any info would be great, thanks a ton.

You, talkin to me?

Seriously, was this supposed to be a question? "Any info" is about as vague as you could be. Very Happy If you have any questions about LotHS feel free to post them in my LotHS thread.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Colonial Wargamming   Colonial Wargamming Icon_minitimeMon 9 Mar 2009 - 10:11

I had a brief exposure to the Sword & the Flame Rules [large level skirmish] when two of my Gaming buddies, Mike & Steve, got caught up in the Boxer Rebellion. The rule are set up for about 100 minis for the British & normally double that or more for the Natives. Mike & Steve being abit overenthusiastic wound up last I heard at 3,000 British smacking down 12,000 Chinese Suspect . The S&tF Rules Suppliment takes the game back to the French & Indian War & forward into the '30s for Foreign Legion & North Africans.

Blue Moon has a Drums Along the Ohio set of minis [VERY COOL stuff & at $40 for 20-24 minis inexpensive] & downloadable rules for French & Indian action with a Headless Horseman set & rules to add a bit of Fantasy/Horror to the mix.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colonial Wargamming   Colonial Wargamming Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Colonial Wargamming
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: Shout it out! (free-for-all) :: Historical Wargames-
Jump to: