Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!)

Go down 
+4
matt
Von Kurst
DeafNala
Eliazar
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!)   The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Mar 2009 - 21:49

SCUM?! I think I don't have to remind you who ran away the first time we met! Your stupid flagellants running into my trap, and then getting away before my captain could give the stunned one the coup de grace and get the XP! Not that it matters now, anyway, he's dead too, after all, but still!

Well, the social life shall not be a problem, just give me the email-addresses of everyone who claims your time and I will just send them the geek picture of you building scenery at 9.30 am before breakfast Wink
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!)   The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2009 - 9:06

Razz yes you go and make sure I never have a chance in life again other then geekdom! Smile

That was actually my trap you fell for, battering my rather expendable (specially with those 10 Wyrdstones I had) flagelants silly and then me bailing! - or rather winning the game... Ha! more XP for me, None for you! Razz I set your downfall in motion from the very start!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!)   The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2009 - 9:19

Ezekiel wrote:
I set your downfall in motion from the very start!

lol!

Considering my luck in the games you didn't participate in, this wasn't too difficult a task Wink

But we should make peace - after all, our great alliance managed to win against the huge, super shooty Reikländer warband of John, and the vicious ghouls Very Happy

I am sure that the pirates would have been a thousand times better afterwards, with their new Captain Ismail leading them towards victory (and he having strongman, heavy armour and a double handed axe... man, I should have had him from the start, when fighting all the tough beastmen, dwarfs, tigers, and whatnot...)
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!)   The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2009 - 9:37

Eliazar wrote:
when fighting all the tough beastmen, dwarfs, tigers, and whatnot...)

Walnuts? I thought you had the evil monkey from hell for that task?Razz

But yeah, we did team up rather good, and even though we played like chickens hiding in alleyways, we kicked his lvast score of behinds! hahaha
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!)   The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2009 - 9:48

That was not "playing like chickens", it was stratgic expertise! And if someone would have managed to kill his ghoul in time, my pirates could have advanced further... Wink

Martin is not an evil monkey from hell, by the way (that's Tagnator's), but an amicable crewmember! And he rather prefers bananas.

But we should talk no more of the grand finale, as I still have to write it up and don't want to spoil all the fun Wink
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!)   The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2009 - 15:48

Interlude – Bruised but not beaten!

Several days later, the battered pirates were strolling along the road. It was a sunny afternoon, and the mood was comparatively good. Jim was sent back to the Forlorn Hope, Nkunda had been buried and there has still been no sign of the whereabouts of Jan, but still.
Actually, the pirates intended to stay at the City of the Damned for some more days to find some treasure, but then decided against it. Too many brave pirates already had to die, and the crew did not even find any riches. Thus, they decided to follow Jim and headed for the river Stir.
Suddenly, a spot appeared at the horizon. As it came closer, the pirates could make out that it was a man running madly in their direction.
“What ye reckon he’s running away from?” Redbeard asked his crew.
“Dunno, lets just ask him”, replied Wei.

The pirates stopped and waited. After a few minutes, the running man reached them. He looked baffled, but did not show any intention to stop. Redbeard stepped into the street, drawing his cutlass.
“Ay, ye filthy bilge rat, will ye stop for Manann‘s sake!”

The man skittered to a halt. He looked terrified and glanced continuously over his shoulder.

“Now, what’s that ye run away from?” asked the Captain.
“A… a… a necro… necromancer. And hoards of undead!” stuttered the man, panting.
“Where?”
“In the village of Anrok, about a mile from here, in the direction I came from.”
“Aye.”
“May… may I leave now, good sir?” The man trembled.
“Aye, fare ye well!”

As soon as Redbeard had finished, the man ran off as if a greater demon was on his heels.

Redbeard beamed at his men: “Did ye hear that, me mateys? Sounds like an adventure and loads of treasure! What do ye say?”
“Aye!” shouted the crew.

The sun clearly lifted the pirates’ spirits too much.
Back to top Go down
JohnYoung
General
General
JohnYoung

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!)   The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009 - 12:32

Good introduction for a 3on1 massacre -_-
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/skankinriot
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!)   The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009 - 12:47

JohnYoung wrote:
Good introduction for a 3on1 massacre -_-

lol!
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!)   The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009 - 14:37

[Enjoy the final chapter of the perilous adventures in and around the City of the Damned. The run-up story will be written eventually, as will perhaps stories of further adventures.]

A Sad Victory

The spire could be seen long before the rest of the village came into view. It reached far up, the white marble glinting in the sun. After a couple of miles, the pirates were finally able to make out the rest of the village. They were approaching from the north, and saw that the village was surrounded by a wall.
“Arrr, a blasted wall! Ah well, mayhap the gate won’t be guarded anymore”, muttered Redbeard.
As the crew got closer, the wind carried various sounds to them. A cracked voice was singing incantations, while others shouted in wild disorder.

The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 01_the10
The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 01_def10

“The guards seem to be in difficulty”, said Ismail to Wei.
“Then we’d better hurry.”

As the pirates were about to quicken their pace, as the wind carried another sound from the gate towards them: mad barking.

The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 02_wit10

“Now, that sounds like them witch hunters we were beating up back in the City”, snickered Bart.
“Shouldn’t be too hard to take ‘em on another time, then”, replied the captain. “Still, I’d rather get into the village first so we can set a few traps for ‘em.”

The crew stopped to figure out how to sort this problem out. Then, Gunther cried:
“Look o’er there! Isn’t that smoke rising from the south o’ the village?”
“Right ye are, lad, well done! Now, that looks like the village is wrecked down there, so us might get a chance to get O’er that bleedin’ wall from the south.”
Redbeard slapped the young gunner on the back.
“Now, let’s go ye scurvy dogs, and give ‘em cowards a taste o’ our cutlasses!”

The pirates slightly changed their direction and rounded the village in the east. The southern part of the settlement was completely devastated and the city wall and houses were all but smouldering ruins.

“What the heck happened to this village? Ah, who cares, at least we can get in here”, said Redbeard as the crew reached the edge of the ruined quarter. The pirates made their way slowly to the ruins, wary of any creatures or other mercenaries they might happen to encounter.

Martin had been sent to scout the area, and returned nervous.
“Ooook! Ooook! Eeeek!”
“What he says?” asked Redbeard.
Wei, who was the only one who claimed to understand him, answered with eyes glowing of vengefulness:
“He says the Reiklanders we met on our first day in the Cursed City are in the western part of the town.”
“Aye. We’ll keep an eye open for them, too.”

The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 02_rei10

The pirates went on, left the burned ruins behind them and reached the park around the great tower. From north of the tower, they could hear the barking of the Witch Hunters’ hounds. To their left, someone was giving orders in Reikspell.
“There they are”, growled Jiang Wei, drawing his weapons.
Ismail laid his hand on the first mate’s shoulder: “Don’t rush towards them. The cowards are laden with bows and the like. If you attack them straight from the front, you will resemble a pin cushion before you see the first off them.”
Wei shook the hand off, but stayed.

Redbeard went towards some buildings at the end of the park, and the rest of his crew followed him.

The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 02_pir10

Suddenly, they heard a thud, and loud shouting erupted from the position of the Reiklanders.

The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 03_wel10

Redbeard looked at his men, who could only shrug their shoulders. He turned around to continue towards the building, as a vile creatures jumped at him, blood dripping from his arms and ugly face. It went straight for the captain’s throat and tore his larynx out.

The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 04_the10

The captain sank gurgling to the ground, blood gushing from his mouth. While Gunther stood rooted to the ground, his eyes wide open in shock, Jiand Wei shouted:
“Get that bloody ghoul!”
He charged, followed by Snorri, and crushed the head of the cannibal creature.

Meanwhile, Gunther started to run straight into the house before him, his only desire to get away from the dead captain and the dead ghoul. As he entered the house, he immediately stopped and made and afraid step back: In front of him stood a Sister of Sigmar, her dress torn, her eyes staring at the wall, her hair messed up, blood dripping from her heavy armour and her warhammers. Upon seeing the gunner, an insane smile appeared on her face. Gunther cried out loud and dived for the door to his left.

The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 04_the11

The mad nun was about to charge him, when Nigel the dog, frenzied by the smell of blood, bit her in the leg, bringing the sister down.

The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 05_nig10

Ismail charged her, too, but before he could land a killing blow, the warhound had already devoured her head.

Panting, the crew gathered in the little courtyard by the house. They were discussing on what to do next. Martin went to the end of the alley and reported:
“Eeeek! Ooook. Ook.”
“He says there are Reiklander archers all over the plaza”, translated Wei.
“Damn”, commented Bart, “so we better stay here and see what happens. You see that hatch o’er there? Let’s keep an eye on it, lest some ghouls creep out’a the cellar.”
“I’ll climb up that building and see if I can get a shot at some of those Reikland bastards!” cried Gunther, his knees still wobbly from the scary encounters.
Nigel barked and ran off in the direction the pirates came from.
“That blasted dog!” sighed Snorri, and followed him.

The wind carried a lot of chanting and shouting from the plaza into the alley.

The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 06_the10
The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 06_the11

It was followed by the clanging of metal hitting metal. Suddenly, a loud bang could be heard, well-known by the pirates. It was followed by several screams, barking and whimping.
“That wretched blunderbuss”, hissed Wei.

The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 07_ban10
The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 07_loa10

Martin sneaked up to the end of the alley and peeped out into the plaza. When he returned, he said:
“Eeeek Sad Oook ook.”
Bart looked enquiringly at the first mate.
“He said he could not see what the blunderbuss hit, as the tower was in the way. However, he saw some of those vile ghouls fighting a couple of Witch Hunters.”

The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 07_the10

The four pirates sighed, and sat down. In the remains of the attic of the adjacent building, Gunther was happily putting a green glowing shard of wyrstone into his pocked. When he scrambled up the broken stairs, he found it right in front of his nose. Then, he crouched down and aimed at one of the Reikland archers. He pulled the trigger – and missed. Cursing, he scrambled down the stairs again, knowing that the archers now knew his position and confessing that they hit a little better than he did.

In the park, Nigel sneaked up to the hill where the archer had taken up position.

Bored, the pirates in the court walked up and down, with Martin guarding the entrance, when Jiand Wei heard a sound from the cellar.

The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 08_lit10

He tipped Bart on the shoulder and pointed towards the hatch. Bart aimed his blunderbuss, ready to blast away the head of any ghoul that wanted to leave the cellar. The sounds ceased, and nothing happened.
Wei motioned Bart and Ismail to guard the exit. He took a run-up and jumped right through the rotten wood into the cellar. Strangely enough, some torches were burning in brackets on the wall, so Wei had no trouble seeing his foe: one of the cursed Reiklanders.
He smiled, landed, and immediately charged.

The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 08_die10

The startled Reiklander did not stand a change, and was knocked out immediately.

The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 08_and10

In the courtyard, the other pirates could hear their first mate laugh madly.

The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 08_gua10

When Wei returned from the cellar, he beamed at his comrades:
“It was one of those bloody Reiklanders.”

In the park, Nigel had manoeuvred himself into charge range undetected. Still in his blood frenzy, he charged, barking wildly at the archers.

The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 09_the11

The first surprised bowman did not stand a chance, and Nigel brought him down with a well placed bite within a second.

The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 09_go_10

Then, he charged another bowman, wile a third counter charged the dog…

The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 09_tak10

…while the remaining archer looked around to see whether the warhound was attacking alone. He spotted Snorri, who tried rather clumsily to sneak up on the archers in order to support his furry crewmate.

The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 10_nig10

When the dwarf spotted the foe, it was already too late. An arrow soared towards him, and everything went black.

In the courtyard, the pirates decided to split up and try to get onto the hill occupied by the Reiklanders. Bart darted out of the alley and into the next doorway, while Wei climbed up a ruined wall and Ismail headed for the park. Fierce fights could still be heard from the other side of the wizard’s tower.

The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 11_sou10

From one moment to the next, the noise grew less and less. Some more shouts could be heard, then it ceded completely. Bart looked out of the door and saw the Reiklanders run away. He spotted the dog, who was about to follow two archers, and whistled. The dog looked at him, and, with a sad look in his eyes, walked towards the blunderbussier.
Ismail came around the corner and signalled Bart to follow him. Jiang Wei and Martin stepped out of the alley, too, as did Gunther, who appeared from nowhere.

The crew slowly walked around the tower and suddenly stood right before the bashed-up Witch Hunters. Bart put his finger onto the trigger. Ismail raised his hand.
“Enough blood has been spilled today”, he said.
The Witch Hunter nodded, and stretched out his hand, and Ismail shook it, impressed by the first man who did neither feel unsettled by the blind pirate’s empty nor his unerring movements.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!)   The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009 - 15:04

Awesome! reliving this great battle is good, but your writing makes it great!!

and really cool how you managed to involve the other parties in your story even though you weren't involved in their combats...

(plus... funny how Nigel made such an impression that both you and I have a dog named after him! Razz)
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!)   The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009 - 22:15

Well, I was desperately looking for a cool name for my warhound other than "Ripper", and Nigel is such a cool name for a warhound, I decided to go with it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hans Grüber
Warrior
Warrior
Hans Grüber

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!)   The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Mar 2009 - 13:01

Awesome battles, awesome pictures and awesome terrain.Looks like it was great fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!)   The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Perilous Adventures... (now with pics from Amsterdam!)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2