Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

7th edition high elves

Go down 
+7
Ethlorien
Ezekiel
Admin Tom
Eliazar
DeafNala
Chad
Goosetipher
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Goosetipher
Champion
Champion
Goosetipher

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers
Achievements earned: none

7th edition high elves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7th edition high elves   7th edition high elves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009 - 20:20

Honestly, I've seen the stuff you guys paint, and nothing I have even comes close. Believe me, my stuff wouldn't fit in.

Speaking of O&G, that's gotta be my favorite army after HE. They've got a ton of character. They're just fun. You can do all these crazy things, like squigs and fanatics. They also have my favorite magic system in terms of fluff.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition high elves   7th edition high elves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009 - 21:11

You shouldn't judge your minis too harshly. The TRULY wonderful thing about this Forum is that it is a community of kindred spirits; we ALL LOVE OUR MINIS &, to a lesser or greater extent, the games they are used in. There is quite a range of abilities in the community's level of achievement in regards to modeling & painting, but, no matter what your level, your work would be appreciated by your peers. AND nothing motivates us to attain a higher level than an encouraging comment from a peer. I give you my word that should you post your stuff you'll come away from the experience with a bouyant upbeat feeling that will bear fruits in your future projects. Thus endeth the Sermon of the Day...say Amen. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition high elves   7th edition high elves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009 - 21:20

Amen

Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition high elves   7th edition high elves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009 - 21:30

On the plus side, we are not a community of stupid "oh, that's not Golden Demon level, why do you bother showing your pics at all" guys, but appreciate the work you have put into your minis and offer advice how to increase your painting and modelling. You might want to check out my old minis and my new pirates, I think you will spot the difference and most of the stuff I learned right here Smile

Don't be shy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Goosetipher
Champion
Champion
Goosetipher

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition high elves   7th edition high elves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009 - 22:30

hmmm... I clearly have no idea how to insert pictures.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition high elves   7th edition high elves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009 - 22:37

First, you have to host your picture somewhere on the internet. You can either create an account with photobucket or a similar service, or you click the "host image" button (the one with the photograph and the floppy disk), which will create you a servimg account (I believe). Then all you need to do is to put the web adress of the picture in between the 7th edition high elves - Page 2  tags.

For example, I take the web adress of your avatar, and, if put in between the tags, I can include it in my post:

7th edition high elves - Page 2 383-0
Back to top Go down
Goosetipher
Champion
Champion
Goosetipher

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition high elves   7th edition high elves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009 - 22:42

7th edition high elves - Page 2 Dsc_0110

Fixed.
-- Admin Tom

7th edition high elves - Page 2 Dsc_0112

Last edited by Goosetipher on Tue 24 Feb 2009 - 22:45; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition high elves   7th edition high elves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009 - 22:43

Hey Goose!

Here are quick and easy instructions to upload your pics:

1) Use the reply box at the bottom of this thread.
2) Click the icon with the little floppy disk.
3) Browse through your pics and select the one you want to upload. Then click Host it.
4) Copy/Paste the second link (from the top) into your post. Hint: if the pop-up is bothering you, you can close it by clicking the floppy disk icon again.

Goosetipher
Champion
Champion
Goosetipher

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition high elves   7th edition high elves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009 - 22:47

ok, got it. sorry 'bout that

7th edition high elves - Page 2 Dsc_0112

7th edition high elves - Page 2 Dsc_0111

7th edition high elves - Page 2 Dsc_0111

7th edition high elves - Page 2 Dsc_0113
Back to top Go down
Goosetipher
Champion
Champion
Goosetipher

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition high elves   7th edition high elves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009 - 22:52

7th edition high elves - Page 2 Dsc_0114

7th edition high elves - Page 2 Dsc_0115
Back to top Go down
Identity
Elder
Elder
Identity

Trading Reputation : -2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition high elves   7th edition high elves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009 - 22:57

Thanks for sharing. You have a lovely army there. Your shelving organization is also admirable.

Looks like one of your elves needs to learn the "Ride Elven Steed" skill before he marches off to battle though.
Back to top Go down
Goosetipher
Champion
Champion
Goosetipher

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition high elves   7th edition high elves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009 - 23:03

or "defy gravity." he fell and broke last night

edit: oh, and most of those figures are my dad's. he's a warhammer fanatic only the high elves are mine. He has like 2.5k of OK, 3k of wood elves, 6k of O&G and probably 3-4k of VC. oh, and a DoW army complete with most RoR. My little brother owns the Skaven and Brettonian armies. The rest of the models are in drawers, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition high elves   7th edition high elves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009 - 23:13

Goosetipher wrote:
3k of wood elves

I love you I love you I love you

In this case will have to meet your dad.

Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition high elves   7th edition high elves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009 - 23:20

You've got a nice army there! Your paintjob is very neat, which is a good thing. For more depth, you should try the new GW washes (I recommend Devlan Mud for Skin, browns and the like, and Badab Black for Metal, blue, white, etc.), followed by a highlight of the base colour. It's quite easy to do and well worth it!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition high elves   7th edition high elves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2009 - 9:24

VERY NICE STUFF! cheers

Your HE army shows a clean, crisp painting style that will be a FINE basis for the more detailed models you'll be doing for Mordheim. As they are now, your minis would be considered a much better than average war gaming paint job. I can see GREAT things coming from your work bench. Thanks for posting & a hardy WELL DONE! thumbsup

See that wasn't painful AND now you know how to post pics, which is more than I'm capable of Suspect . Gaming with your Dad & Bro IS cool! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Goosetipher
Champion
Champion
Goosetipher

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition high elves   7th edition high elves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2009 - 1:56

Thanks guys. I appreciate the words of support
Back to top Go down
mstrchef13

mstrchef13

PostSubject: Speaking of GW's reasons for army do-overs...   7th edition high elves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Nov 2009 - 21:18

Not to hijack and resurrect a dead thread, but did anyone notice how the skaven army reconfiguration that makes the previously useless stormvermin a core army choice coincides with a new $50 box set of stormvermin becoming available? Or how a wonderful piece of war machinery, the plague catapult, costs nearly $60? Gotta love GW business practices.
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition high elves   7th edition high elves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Nov 2009 - 0:20

I have noticed 2 things about the new skaven:

1. The new models are pretty awesome and I was briefly tempted to buy that Skitch assassin (and did briefly salivate over the new Screaming Bell)

2. The new models are insanely expensive, even for GW standards, and brought me straight back down to earth.

Where did you find the new army reorganisation? (not that it surprises me that they made stormvermin CORE, it's makes perfect sense from a marketing point of view)

mstrchef13

mstrchef13

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition high elves   7th edition high elves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Nov 2009 - 14:27

I was in a GW store last week and they had an advance copy of the new Skaven army book available to look at.
Back to top Go down
matt
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
matt

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition high elves   7th edition high elves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Nov 2009 - 15:01

The skaven also have some major psychs based errors.
let's start with the easy one, the screaming bell.
7th edition high elves - Page 2 M620056a_99120206010_SkavenScreamingBellMPPK_873x627
very cool model, all very dynamic. but what happens when the bell swings back? first of, the warlock (or whatever he is) falls of. second, the Rat ogre will get hit right in the face by the bell. Same problem with the Plague furnace.
then we have our beloved Squeek headtaker.
7th edition high elves - Page 2 M500726a_99060206085_SkavenQueek_873x627 again a super cool miniature, but what's that on his back? I don't know how big the sewers are in the empire, but I assume that thing won't fit in.

anyways /Rant and /offtopic

Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition high elves   7th edition high elves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Nov 2009 - 15:15

matt wrote:

...but what happens when the bell swings back? first of, the warlock (or whatever he is) falls off

I think I disagree there. Look closely, the warlock is hanging on with one hand. So I suppose he would just dangle down.

matt wrote:
the Rat ogre will
get hit right in the face by the bell.

I think the bell is high enough to swing past the Rat ogre's head. Plus as the bell swings he will probably bow/duck away.

matt wrote:
but what's that on his back? I don't know
how big the sewers are in the empire, but I assume that thing won't fit
in.

Haha, I agree, that ratman has a HORSE'S CARCASS on his back Smile That's really borderline.

DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition high elves   7th edition high elves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Nov 2009 - 16:56

I don't know about the Rat Ogre; it looks like he'll be pulled up on his feet as the bell swings back shortening the chain...could explain all the bandages covering his face 7th edition high elves - Page 2 Suspect . One thing for sure, hanging for dear life from a swinging bell IS NOT going to enhance the dignity of a Grey Seer.
GW KNOWS that the TRUE Fan Boys will buy ANYTHING they make at ANY price...& they may very well be right. 7th edition high elves - Page 2 Suspect
Back to top Go down
matt
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
matt

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition high elves   7th edition high elves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Nov 2009 - 19:49

Tom, you have considered that before the bell can come back, it'll need more chain, aka, the Rat ogre will need to stand up. He will sure as hell get pounded down Razz!
for the warlock, I noticed the hand, but from fluff I understand that skaven aren't the strongest. He might be able to carry his own weigth, maybe, but when the bell comes back again, he'll also get slammed into it Razz

Captain
Captain
Pyyr

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition high elves   7th edition high elves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Nov 2009 - 0:02

Admin Tom wrote:

Haha, I agree, that ratman has a HORSE'S CARCASS on his back Smile That's really borderline.

It's a Rat Ogre's carcass really. I think that he killed it in 1vs1 fighting 7th edition high elves - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition high elves   7th edition high elves - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

7th edition high elves
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2