Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Fan Based 40K Movie from Germany

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

Fan Based 40K Movie from Germany Empty
PostSubject: Fan Based 40K Movie from Germany   Fan Based 40K Movie from Germany Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb 2009 - 11:03

Just wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to watch or see the fan based German movie about 40K?

It was never released due to Intellectual Property Laws in Germany.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Fan Based 40K Movie from Germany   Fan Based 40K Movie from Germany Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb 2009 - 11:05

I was going to watch it this evening. I will tell you how it is tomorrow Smile
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Fan Based 40K Movie from Germany   Fan Based 40K Movie from Germany Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb 2009 - 11:56

I have seen it already thanks to a friendheimer of mine.

It is pretty good for a fan based movie. The CGI is awesome, acting is blah but still neat for fan based.
Back to top Go down
jackanory
Warlord
Warlord
jackanory

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Fan Based 40K Movie from Germany   Fan Based 40K Movie from Germany Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb 2009 - 22:19

Any links?
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Fan Based 40K Movie from Germany   Fan Based 40K Movie from Germany Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb 2009 - 22:35

Google it and try a torrent. It could never be released in any way due to copyright laws in my wonderfully bureaucratic country.

It's well worth watching, by the way, the plot is nice, the special effects are just stunning (for a fan made production), not even the acting is that bad, only their voices are weird and a little funny, as some apparently had trouble with clear German, while others tried to sound cool, evil or menacing (without too much success Wink )

But if you have the possibility, check it out, the creators really deserve it that their film is watched by some more people Smile

EDIT: The film is called "Damnatus - Der Feind im Inneren" or "Damnatus - Enemy Within" (not sure about the English title), by the way.
Back to top Go down
jackanory
Warlord
Warlord
jackanory

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Fan Based 40K Movie from Germany   Fan Based 40K Movie from Germany Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb 2009 - 22:53

Are there versions with English subtitles/dubbing?
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Fan Based 40K Movie from Germany   Fan Based 40K Movie from Germany Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb 2009 - 23:18

German Copyright laws? I read that it got cancelled because GW vetoed it. Basically GW did not want to "lose control" over their 40K merchandise.

Which is understandable I guess, although it is a shame that such a dedicated project got killed off even though it was finished and the producers did not ask for a cent in return.

I have seen the trailer a few years ago and thought the acting was abysmal Very Happy Sorry! I think it is really a great thing that a group of amateurs have done such a remarkable job, but the acting is just too awkward.

Thanks for pointing out that it was available as a torrent, I did not know that. I might give it a try one day, to get a better picture of the whole thing, before criticising things I do not know Wink

jackanory wrote:
Are there versions with English subtitles/dubbing?

The torrent i linked above contains ENGLISH and GERMAN subtitle files (.srt). You can use VLC Player (click "Import Subtitles") to watch the movie with subs. In order to download a torrent you need to have BitTorrent (or similar) installed on your PC. If you use Linux (that means you are cool) or a Mac (that means you are rich), you can get the lightweight program "Transmission" for it.

Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Fan Based 40K Movie from Germany   Fan Based 40K Movie from Germany Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009 - 0:21

Tom is correct, that acting is horrible but the CGI is great for a bunch of fans doing it.

The version I view had subtitles bad ones but I could figure out what was happening.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Fan Based 40K Movie from Germany   Fan Based 40K Movie from Germany Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009 - 7:21

I did a quick research, and as I thought, it appears that at the heart of the issue appears to be Continental European copyright law, which grants the German film makers certain irrevocable rights to their creation which they cannot sign away.

As I understand it, GW is afraid that allowing the film to be released even though the creator still keep some rights would leave their IP less protected.

If this was indeed the case, I could understand GW, even though it's still a shame. At least I would not see any reason why they should prohibit the film for reasons of ego or whatever, as it would only further their cause.

Anyway, thank God there is filesharing. And that the film "leaked" mysteriously into the www Very Happy

On the film itself, I always wonder why people act in such a weird way... as an active (though untalented) member of my old school's drama group, I never had the impression that it's impossible to find some people who can act. Hm, perhaps it's more difficult to act for a film...
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Fan Based 40K Movie from Germany   Fan Based 40K Movie from Germany Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009 - 19:53

I agree on that acting part, it was bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fan Based 40K Movie from Germany   Fan Based 40K Movie from Germany Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fan Based 40K Movie from Germany
Page 1 of 1