Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Augurs and Dark Souls Oh My!

Go down 
+2
Asp
hero
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hero
Elder
Elder

Trading Reputation : 0

Augurs and Dark Souls Oh My! Empty
PostSubject: Augurs and Dark Souls Oh My!   Augurs and Dark Souls Oh My! Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb 2009 - 23:02

1. Does blessed sight allow Augurs to reroll parries? Rules say "characteristic tests" and "rolls to hit in close combat or shooting." The rules seem to say know but it would make sense if they could.

2. There is some errata that makes it so Dark Souls can't become warband leader seeing as how they automatically pass leadership test, right?
Back to top Go down
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Augurs and Dark Souls Oh My!   Augurs and Dark Souls Oh My! Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb 2009 - 23:13

1. no

2. darksouls should be errata'ed to simply: immune to psychology
Back to top Go down
http://www.indadvendt.dk/mordheim/
hero
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Augurs and Dark Souls Oh My!   Augurs and Dark Souls Oh My! Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb 2009 - 3:23

But then they can't get frenzy T_T
Back to top Go down
Identity
Elder
Elder
Identity

Trading Reputation : -2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Augurs and Dark Souls Oh My!   Augurs and Dark Souls Oh My! Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb 2009 - 3:40

Maybe there's official ruling against this, but why not allow darksouls to become the leader and leave their rules as they are? Currently they pass all leadership tests. It is my understanding that the rout test is not a true leadership test; it is a special test which uses the leader's leadership value. The two are distinguished throughout the rulebook. For instance, under the Holy Relic rules:
"A model with a holy relic will automatically pass the first Leadership test he is required to take in the game. If worn by the leader, it will allow him to automatically pass the first Rout test if he has not taken any Leadership tests before."
Back to top Go down
Exarch Thomo
Knight
Knight
Exarch Thomo

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Augurs and Dark Souls Oh My!   Augurs and Dark Souls Oh My! Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb 2009 - 4:45

The Route test is not a leadership test. It uses the Ld Characteristic of the Leader, but it is not a Leadership Test, so no problems there.
As for Immune to Pscyhology, I can't find anything in the Living Rule Book, but in WFB Immune to Psych means that you are immune to Fear, Terror and Panic, but still subject to Stupidity and Frenzy should they apply.
Back to top Go down
Popmouth
Ancient
Ancient
Popmouth

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Kislevites Kislevites

PostSubject: Re: Augurs and Dark Souls Oh My!   Augurs and Dark Souls Oh My! Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2009 - 9:28

When is an Augur permitted to re-roll?
I think it's rather unclear in the book... my she re-roll wounds? May she re-roll to hit when shooting?
Back to top Go down
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Augurs and Dark Souls Oh My!   Augurs and Dark Souls Oh My! Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2009 - 15:22

The rules are very clear.

Quote :
An Augur can re-roll any failed characteristic tests (climbing, resisting spells or anyother reason), and any rolls to hit in close combat or shooting. You must accept the second result.

That's as explicit as you can get.

p.7. of the Online Rulebook explains what a characteristic test is. So no, she may not reroll on her to wound rolls.
Back to top Go down
Popmouth
Ancient
Ancient
Popmouth

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Kislevites Kislevites

PostSubject: Re: Augurs and Dark Souls Oh My!   Augurs and Dark Souls Oh My! Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2009 - 15:50

That's pretty much what I thought... Sounds fair I guess
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Augurs and Dark Souls Oh My!   Augurs and Dark Souls Oh My! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Augurs and Dark Souls Oh My!
Page 1 of 1