Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Beware of the Inquisition!

Go down 
+6
jackanory
cianty
catferret
Da Bank
DeafNala
Eliazar
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2009 - 22:56

I started working on the first daemonette, I am not yet sure if I want to go for the Sister or the Enforcer first. However, I was already wondering if the proportions of the shield arm look right (lenght-wise, I know that the hand is way to bulky Wink ). So, I'd be grateful for your thoughts.

Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Enforc10
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2009 - 23:24

You might need to "scale" the shield arm down a little but then again, it could be OK.
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Mar 2009 - 0:28

BURN THE HERETIC!!!! :magister:

Very nice conversions you have there. Love the back story. Cant wait to see more.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Mar 2009 - 18:58

Thanks for the comments!

I continued with my female character, who will now be modelled after the warrior on the left side and not the enforcer (I discovered that I have a body with a much better pose for her). I cut down the arm and started working on the hand, but it looks as if what is left of the old arm will have to go as well, as I think it will be a little bit too big when I add some GS t have it look more like an arm. On the second pic, you can see the WIP weapon she will carry (the wrong way round, I just noticed). I intend to play her as a Sister of Silence.

Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Silent10Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Silent11

I also gave the psyker some feet, but I don't really like what I did to them, so perhaps he will just wear a very long cloak.

Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Psyker11

Then, I added a little tube to the Inquisitor's head. I think he is now ready for painting:

Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Recong11

Here is a shot of him with his still pretty small retinue:

Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Radica10

I also started the Rogue Trader Gang, which is lead by a female Space Pirate. The other fighters are an apprentice pilot (he will get some flying googles) and her little sister. I want to make the rest of the retinue mostly ex-IG and ex-PDF.

Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Rtgang10

As I did not like the Rogue Trader holding a pistol in addition to the gun, I cut it off and want t replace it with a hand weapon. My first idea was a fancy sword, so I searched my bits box for some extravagant weapon, but only found these two:

Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Rt-wea10Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Rt-wea11

I think they do not really fit the style of the Rogue Trader, but don't really know what will. Perhaps I'll scratchbuild a slender sword with a nice guard. Better ideas are welcome.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2009 - 19:52

Update!

First, the Guardian Sister. I finished the shield hand more or less, and will attach it to the arm hopefully tomorrow. Also, I started working on the weapon and respective hand, remodelled the chest and started the arms.

Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Silent12

Then, I sculpted some flying googles for the Rogue Trader's apprentice pilot:

Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Appren10

And last, I started a true-scale(ish) Fallen Angel Renegade Marine, who works for the Rogue Trader. It's not that original, but I wanted to do one nevertheless Wink

Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Fallen11
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2009 - 20:38

VERY COOL STUFF! They have the same individualistic quality as your Pirates. EXCELLENT WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2009 - 20:57

Dude, you are too productive! take a holiday brake or some like that! Wink

I really like what you are doing, and as soon as you announce a meeting in Germany, I will get underway with my own Imunda band! or is it Necrosition? Razz

Really like the way you're giving the models so much character with just little adaptations! (save for the deamonette that is)

For the rogue, go for the slender blade... perhapse a decorative saber would be nice?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2009 - 22:29

Nice work.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009 - 7:36

Thanks all for the comments and encouragment Smile

Ezekiel, I think the common title is currenty =I=munda, but there is also a variant once called Necromunda in Space and now Necromunda: Privateer, so I think we could be cool and call it Necrosition Wink

As soon as I know where I will live by the end of the year, I will start thinking about some sci-fi scenery and hopefully have at least one or two core gangs finished, so better start working on your gang Wink

Oh, and what do you mean by decorative sabre? I know what this is, but do you mean I shall make one as weapon or add one in addition to the other sword?
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009 - 9:02

as a space piraty weapon!

I think she'd really fit the bill to have such an item...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009 - 9:07

Ah, ok, I thought of this, too, and will at least give it a try. I can already imagine the great fun of sculpting a decorative guard around her hand Wink
Back to top Go down
dwi
Warlord
Warlord
dwi

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Apr 2009 - 10:30

Well My Friend Rouge Traders Tend Too Where Foppish Stuff Like Scarlet Clokes And Stuff,
As For Weapons I Would Say Master Craffted Ones Would Fitt The Bill,Shuch As
A Plsma Pistol Or Power Fist And Too Make Them Look Master Crafted Just Paint Them
Gold Or Selver Or Something

(P.S A Waxed Gotee And Moustache Would Look Quite Cool On Your Pilot I Think thumbsup )
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr 2009 - 2:47

A waxed gotee would look cook on the girl also, LOL. Just kidding but it would be a neat conversion.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2009 - 23:27

Back amongst the living, I started painting some of my little fellows and undercoated even more. First off, I'll paint the Inquisitor and his Retinue (what is finished of it, that is). Pics will follow soon.

And the little pilot will not get a goatee, as he's still too young to grow a beard Smile
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2009 - 22:40

I did not manage to paint too much, just a little paint to see if my envisioned colour scheme works.

First of, Inquisitor Aurelius Primus of Ordo Hereticus. In real life, the gold stands out in a hideous way, but I hope it will work out once the surrounding areas are highlighted and the gold got some shadowing and highlighting, too. I am planning to give him a dark, pale skin tone.

Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Recong10

Next, my Sister of Silence Psyker Killer. I think I'll paint the C'Tan Phase Sword like a force sword, with either green or purple bolts flickering over the black blade.

Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Sister10

And last, a new member of the Retinue, sneaky Informer Girl Melissa. She killed one of the Inquisitor's retinue (that's where she got the bolt gun), but Aurelius was clever enough to keep this little devil and not splatter her brains all over the place.

Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Bolter10

So, tell me what you think!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Apr 2009 - 10:28

NEVER trust a Cute Little Girl who habitually walks around with a Bolt Pistol & Baseball Bat in hand. Suspect That said the Crew looks like they're turning out VERY well. Keep up the GOOD WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beware of the Inquisition!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2