Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Beware of the Inquisition!

Go down 
+6
jackanory
cianty
catferret
Da Bank
DeafNala
Eliazar
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Beware of the Inquisition! Empty
PostSubject: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2009 - 20:20

I started tinkering around with ideas for various Inquisitors, until I put the project at rest and devoted all my attention to the pirates. However, I could not resist and started converting the first one. He is of the Recongrecation school of thought, which seeks to sow disorder in the Imperium. I'm not so sure if the Black Templar symbol on his bolter fits this theme, though, so perhaps it will be replaced by something better or a bayonet.

Beware of the Inquisition! Recongregator-WIP1

He is made of a Warrior Priest (obviously) with one hammer replaced with a Black Templar bolter and the other's head with that of a Teutogen Guard hammer. Next step will be filling the gaps, adding some little bits and modelling Inquisition symbols (the "I") on various parts of the model. Perhaps I will also modify his head a little and try some bionic skull or respirator (I suppose I need to practice first, though!). And I have to read

Suggestions and criticism are, of course, welcome.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2009 - 20:46

COOL MINI & PHOTO! I don't know whether you intended it or not, but the blue tint to the photo gives the mini an eerie moonlight feel; VERY COOL. AND the mini REALLY looks the part. He has a definite Inquisitorial feel to him, sinister, fanatical, & more than slightly nuts.
A Bionic Eye might be cool, but a respirator would kill his expression. VERY NICE WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2009 - 21:09

I really like this.

I would take off the Templar symbol if he is to be an Apostate Inqusitor.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2009 - 21:20

Well, I figured that the Recongregators are not an open Apostate group, but rather a secret clique scheming in the dark while playing "nice" inquisitor (if there is such a thing Wink) to the rest of the world. Else, they would be more like Renegades than part of the Inquisition, I'd say. After all, they only see the Imperium as corrupt and decaying and do not adhere to Chaos. However, I was just checking on the BTs, and as they are quite devoted to the Emperor, I will cut off the symbol right away Smile

I was worried about destroying his expression, too, so a bionic stuff-on-the-head will be the way to go (if I manage to sculpt something - if not, it would not be to sad, either, as the model is awesome as it is, in my opinion)

And Nala, the light was just me being to lazy to set up the light box Wink
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2009 - 0:17

I am thinking it looks cool and my Commissar DaBank will set your guy on the path of salvation or destruction.

Your choice. LOL.
Back to top Go down
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2009 - 12:58

Eliazar: Have you read the Recongregator Sourcebook for Inquisitor? You most likely have, but I thought I'd link it just in case. It's available in the "magazine" section of the Dark Magenta website.

The Conclave Inquisitor forum may also provide lots of useful ideas.

As for your model, I'd go with the bionics approach rather than a respirator. Bionics would "40k" the model without obscuring his features.

Maybe add a small technical looking wotsit on his chest armour too. Like some sort of scanner or something. Further break away from the fantasy appearance.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2009 - 13:15

Thanks for the advice, cat!

To be honest, I did not even know there was a Recongregator Sourcebook (I only know the Thorian one from GW), so I just read the stuff at the beginning of the Inquisitor Rulebook. But I will check this out immediately.
Back to top Go down
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2009 - 14:34

While the Recongregator Sourcebook is a fan made publication, it should be viewed in the same manner as the Border Town Burning supplement, a high quality piece with a lot of work put in by creditable individuals. Gav Thorpe has also read it and commented favourably upon it.

There will be other sourcebooks made at some point and I am hoping to help out with the Isstvanian one when it gets its turn.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2009 - 14:40

I already read it (well, most of it) and I think it's great! It will certainly help me composing the Inquisitor's retinue. Good to see people continue the work GW dropped.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2009 - 15:20

catferret wrote:
While the Recongregator Sourcebook is a fan made publication, it should be viewed in the same manner as the Border Town Burning supplement, a high quality piece with a lot of work put in by creditable individuals.

Ooff! Embarassed

catferret wrote:
Gav Thorpe has also read it and commented favourably upon it.

Nice.. We have Andy Hoare of GW Studio who read BTB and wrote me about it. Some good similarities indeed... Too bad I'm not into all this Sci-Fi thing.. why am I even posting here? *wanders off confused*
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
jackanory
Warlord
Warlord
jackanory

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb 2009 - 11:38

Oooh nice, I used that model for a 40k inquisitor with some bionics added as well except I put him on a horse lol! I wouldn't put a bayonet on that weapon personally, maybe a small =][= symbol if you're able, it'd be relatively easy to do with plasticard I reckon. Actually if you were to carefully shave off the horizontal arms of the templar cross it'd pretty much make an 'I' then you'd be half of the way there, same with the Sigmarite cross on his left shoulder.
It's looking very cool mate!

Here's my one Smile
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb 2009 - 12:14

jackanory wrote:
Oooh nice, I used that model for a 40k inquisitor with some bionics added as well except I put him on a horse lol! I wouldn't put a bayonet on that weapon personally, maybe a small =][= symbol if you're able, it'd be relatively easy to do with plasticard I reckon. Actually if you were to carefully shave off the horizontal arms of the templar cross it'd pretty much make an 'I' then you'd be half of the way there, same with the Sigmarite cross on his left shoulder.
It's looking very cool mate!

Thank you! And thanks for all the tips - converting the X into an I seems like a good idea, I will try later this day (as I am at home sick Wink). And most of all, thanks for the hint at the cross on his shoulder, I did not even notice there was one Embarassed

With the =][= symbol, I will have to practice anyway, as it is supposed to replace the Hammer of Sigmar on the back of his robe, go onto his waistband and onto the hammer as well Smile At least those are not free dangling.

By the way, do you have any WIP shots of your Inquisitor?
Back to top Go down
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb 2009 - 14:10

Cool! Is there a game system that uses inquisitors on that scale? I think I've seen inquisitors on 40K...
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb 2009 - 14:15

Officially, 28mm Inquisitors are only used in Witch Hunter or Demon Hunter armies in 40k. However, there's the =][=munda project evolving on DakkaDakka, which is, who would have guessed, a cross of Necromunda and Inquisitor, ie. a do-what-comes-to-your-mind game using the Necro rules.

And perhaps there will be an Inquisitor with Retinue in the soon-world-famous Death Squads game, some day in the hopefully not so far future.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2009 - 0:09

Here is the first henchwoman. She is earlier WIP, too, as she needs some greenstuffing on the joint between the sword blade and the handle. The sword itself is supposed to be a C'Tan Phase Sword, and I think I will try to paint it black/turquoise.

Beware of the Inquisition! 100_0044
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! Icon_minitimeThu 5 Mar 2009 - 16:50

Another update. This time, it's an evil enemy/victim of the Inquisition. I tinkered around with the FW Renegades and thought they're a little small for the Cadian parts they are supposed to go with, so here's what I came up with using the only other realistically modelled miniatures I know:

Beware of the Inquisition! Renegade01-WIP01

I think he looks quite nice, and I even got to use the left over part from the mutilated eviscerator above Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! Icon_minitimeThu 5 Mar 2009 - 19:00

Don't you have anything else to do but model/pain/post during the day?! Razz

I wish I had the time on my hands you seem to have...

And I wish I had that awesome model!

The torso and helmet are FW then? or something else?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! Icon_minitimeThu 5 Mar 2009 - 19:05

Yep, the torso is a Vraks Renegade Militiaman from FW. If you want, I can take one for you to the meeting Smile

And I went home early today (because I usually work half an hour longer each day to go home early on friday, and since I will be sitting in the train tomorrow, I took the chance today Very Happy ) And it's because of my crazy painting all the time for the last days that I completely forgot what else I did on my evenings Wink

With the posting, it's just that my job/civilian service is boring, so I get to surf around the internet a lot. And I have a lot of time to think what I will model next.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! Icon_minitimeThu 5 Mar 2009 - 19:34

VERY SINISTER, STRANGE, & TWISTED!As a very sinister, strange, & twisted Old Man, I LOVE it. I have no idea what you made it out of [it took me awhile to figure out what FW was Suspect ], but whatever, it works WONDERFULLY well together. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup

Last edited by DeafNala on Thu 5 Mar 2009 - 19:40; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! Icon_minitimeThu 5 Mar 2009 - 19:38

Deaf, it's a Forge World Vraks Renegade Militia Conversion Kit torso (incl. head), arms from an Empire Flagellant flail and the legs of a Flagellant, as well (I cut the torso off). The chainsword part is the eviscerator the Sister Repentia above was carrying until I sawed it of for the new blade Smile
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! Icon_minitimeWed 11 Mar 2009 - 20:22

Yet another, though small update. I was wondering what to do with the Flagellant torso, which was now available, and then thought which models I will definitely need. The answer is pretty simple: a hovering rogue psyker!

So, I drilled some holes, stuck some wire into them and started putting greenstuff on. As the putty is already pretty old and I need to get some new anyway, I decided I will try to sculpt some proper legs, even though they are going to be covered by a long cloak eventually. Here is what it currently looks like, I hope it will improve as I continue the sculpting. I also tried my new colour shapers, and they are a blast.

Beware of the Inquisition! Psyker10

Also, I added some "I"s to the Inquisitor (on the cloak and the bolter). I will most probably not do the little strokes in it's middle, as the main letter was already a pain.

Beware of the Inquisition! Recong10

And last, I assembled the Renegade:

Beware of the Inquisition! Renega10

Today, my Necromunda Escher miniatures arrived, and with some minis I got from Lanyssa last weekend, I have the start for my Rogue Trader and retinue. I know, it's not a very streamlined working, but as there is no one to play around here, I just model what I feel like Wink
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! Icon_minitimeWed 11 Mar 2009 - 20:34

Modeling what you like seems to moi to be a PRETTY good reason in itself. AND VERY COOL modeling indeed. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! Icon_minitimeWed 11 Mar 2009 - 22:25

NIce work
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! Icon_minitimeWed 11 Mar 2009 - 23:02

Thanks Smile

I am also planning of doing the following two girls (or rather "want to do"):

Beware of the Inquisition! Assass10

Initially, I wanted to use the Death Cult Assassins. However, after receiving them today, it seems as if that was not a good idea, as the arms and legs are all pretty much attached to the body and head and each other, so repositioning them might not work to well or easy.

Beware of the Inquisition! M1241910

Fortunately, I bought some Demonettes in Amsterdam, so perhaps they will do the job.

Beware of the Inquisition! M1530110

Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2009 - 1:24

Nothing says "Sex" like a bald woman with a large cutting instrument!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the Inquisition!   Beware of the Inquisition! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beware of the Inquisition!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next