Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Possessed Warband Alternate Figures?

Go down 
+6
GØRK
Lanyssa Ryssyll
HornedRat
PitFighterTrainer
Eliazar
Snyder_7
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Snyder_7
Captain
Captain
Snyder_7

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned:

Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? Empty
PostSubject: Possessed Warband Alternate Figures?   Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? Icon_minitimeFri 6 Feb 2009 - 18:57

Hey everyone, I just had a quick question. I'm picking up a possessed warband pretty soon in a trade (thanks PFT!) and I'm just curious about alternate models I could use for it when the time comes to expand. I like the hooded cultist look, but I figured a wide range of models would work/ could be made to work with GS/conversion, for a possessed warband.

So, I'm looking for input. Pretty much anything at the Mordheim scale that I could justify being in a possessed warband. I'm not familiar with any of the model companies outside of GW, so any help would be awesome.

Thanks in advance,

Snyder

Moved to painting and modelling section
- cianty
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Possessed Warband Alternate Figures?   Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? Icon_minitimeFri 6 Feb 2009 - 19:35

For cultists, I can recommend the Empire Flagellants, which are a fine base for conversions.

For alternative possessed models, you could have a look at the Chaos Spawn plastic model and a Marauder or Orc as base.
Back to top Go down
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pit Fighters (Unofficial) Pit Fighters (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Possessed Warband Alternate Figures?   Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? Icon_minitimeFri 6 Feb 2009 - 19:55

I use these as Possessed misc units...
Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? Dsc00813
Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? Dsc00814

Now, if I only remembered where I got them...
Back to top Go down
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Possessed Warband Alternate Figures?   Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? Icon_minitimeFri 6 Feb 2009 - 20:07

Ok, the first three are I-Kore mini's and the company folded a while back. The other two are GW Flayer? Never heard of them...

EDIT - Ok, those last two are 40K Necron Flayed units. Not bad as conversions for Mordheim units.
Back to top Go down
Snyder_7
Captain
Captain
Snyder_7

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Possessed Warband Alternate Figures?   Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? Icon_minitimeFri 6 Feb 2009 - 21:07

@Eliazar: That's an excellent idea, I'll have to pick up a box. The irony really amuses me, though. Using flagellants for a possessed warband has a certain appeal to it. Smile

@PFT: I didn't think about using 40K units, though I recognized the flayed ones right away...a buddy of mine used to play Necrons when I actually played 40k. With some flesh and stuff sculpted onto them to make them look less like machines I think those might be an excellent idea! Thanks.

Now where's DeafNala with his encylopedic knowledge of all things miniature?
Back to top Go down
HornedRat
Elder
Elder
HornedRat

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Possessed Warband Alternate Figures?   Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? Icon_minitimeFri 6 Feb 2009 - 21:50

I have seen some nice figures from Hersey http://www.heresyminiatures.com

in particular the the Brethren guys I think would make some nice conversions. I was thinking about picking some up myself. http://www.heresyminiatures.com/brethren.htm

Also if you play undead the Ghouls are really nice, worth a look any hoo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pbase.com/therat
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Possessed Warband Alternate Figures?   Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? Icon_minitimeFri 6 Feb 2009 - 22:05

I like old Necromunda minis from Cawdor House, they are great !
I stole the idea on a Town Cryer :
Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? M1252013_99110599001_NecroCawdorGangMain_445x319
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Possessed Warband Alternate Figures?   Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? Icon_minitimeFri 6 Feb 2009 - 22:06

If you think that Flagellants are ironic, have a look at this thread!

There might be some inspiration for you.
Back to top Go down
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Possessed Warband Alternate Figures?   Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? Icon_minitimeFri 6 Feb 2009 - 23:52

I think he finds ironic to use flagellant as possessed cultist, for their background, etc... I'm impatient to see what he will do with these splendid sprue !!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Possessed Warband Alternate Figures?   Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? Icon_minitimeSat 7 Feb 2009 - 0:07

Lanyssa, I know Wink I just thought that using Warrior Priests of Sigmar as Cult master would be even more ironic Smile
Back to top Go down
GØRK
Champion
Champion
GØRK

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Possessed Warband Alternate Figures?   Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? Icon_minitimeSat 7 Feb 2009 - 2:03

I'd like to suggest a magister - it's a model that I'd personaly use for the job, though I am not in a hurry for gathering Possessed warband (my brother uses them and basicly he is my main opponent). It's a classic model of Chaos Sorcerer from GW, it's hard to find a photo, so I decided I'll put one of the photos one of polish Najmita crew put in his gallery - it's the model in the middle (the rest could also do as an inspiration....).

Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? Normal_aac_sized

Possessed and mutants are quite tricky....that's the models my brother used:

Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? Normal_possessed

Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? Normal_mutanty

The first mini is classic pink horror of Tzeentch (champion I think) with demonette (5th edition) giant claw. The second photo are the mutants - 6th edition demonette and classic Slaanesh champion
Back to top Go down
http://www.crimsonhill.pl/
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Possessed Warband Alternate Figures?   Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? Icon_minitimeSat 7 Feb 2009 - 2:09

Hey Snider! Take a look at this model. Tell me if it would work with your Possessed warband or not...

http://i2.ebayimg.com/05/i/001/1e/7d/125e_1.JPG
Back to top Go down
Snyder_7
Captain
Captain
Snyder_7

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Possessed Warband Alternate Figures?   Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? Icon_minitimeSat 7 Feb 2009 - 3:02

@PFT: Yeah, that model looks pretty cool, actually. He'd be right at home in my gang o' nasties. Smile I was actually thinking of starting my warband with a humanish looking wizard (magister? can't remember what he's called..) and then switching him out with progressively more twisted models to reflect his corruption. Not in the sense of actual in-game mutations, but just for fluffy fun.

@Gork: Thanks for the idea on that old model. I think I'll look back through some other classic GW figures as well.

I think I'll pick up a few models from Heresy miniatures for some more character within the band. And that way, when certain characters die, I can replace them with different units to keep the warband looking fresh.

Anyone else have a favorite company?
Back to top Go down
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Possessed Warband Alternate Figures?   Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? Icon_minitimeSat 7 Feb 2009 - 3:39

Cool Snyder, then that's a bonus that will be put into the shipment with the other Possessed I am shipping to you. ENJOY! (I have like 5 of him, since he was a limited release model...)
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
General
General
Hawkeye

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Possessed Warband Alternate Figures?   Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? Icon_minitimeSat 7 Feb 2009 - 19:48

Lots of great ideas here already, but I might as well throw in a few more.

For Possessed models, I have two Strigoi Vampire models. I'll need to work on them to add whatever mutations they might have, and I might do a head swap, but they certainly work.

Necromunda Scavvies are a GREAT idea, as are flagellants, so I'll second those.

For mutants - well, they're the ones I've always had problems with. The daemonette idea is a great one, and I may use it myself, but normally I just think of Empire Militia with whatever chaos mutations you can get your hands on to convert them.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the warband!
Back to top Go down
Burlok Blackaxe
Veteran
Veteran
Burlok Blackaxe

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Possessed Warband Alternate Figures?   Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? Icon_minitimeSun 8 Feb 2009 - 7:41

Not to high jack this thread, but I'm also in the planning stages of a possessed warband, but I'm going with a Slaanesh theme, for my magister IU got the new dark elf sorceress, my possessed itself is the stead of slaanesh, or as I like to call it "the boobworm", my beastmen are from a comany called crocodile games that do this really cool ancient egypt wargame, but I am stuck on what to do with the cultists themselves and the dark souls. What I was thinking to do was use and convert the new plastic daemonettes to represent the cultists but I still have no clue what to do with the dark souls.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Possessed Warband Alternate Figures?   Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? Icon_minitimeSun 8 Feb 2009 - 8:14

Sorry, I've NEVER considered raising a Possessed War Band, &, as such, I'll have to do a web hunt for some ideas [dons Safari outfit Suspect ]. However, if you can get a copy of the Best of Town Cryer, Ali Morrison has a GREAT article on how he created a FATASTIC looking Possessed War Band from various & sundry GW plastic parts.

Addendum: Check out Reaper's War Lord Dark Spawn Range. Below is a sample that MIGHT make a very nice Possesed. thumbsup

Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? 14105_G
Back to top Go down
mrtn
General
General
mrtn

PostSubject: Re: Possessed Warband Alternate Figures?   Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb 2009 - 20:42

How about these guys? They're the best I've found of models that remind of the original possessed cultists.

Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? Kultister1
Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? Kultister2

Otherwise I've searched quite a bit but didn't find any super cool cultists...
They are from Ral Partha and labeled chaos war monks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possessed Warband Alternate Figures?   Warband - Possessed Warband Alternate Figures? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possessed Warband Alternate Figures?
Page 1 of 1