Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Pistol Attacks in Close Combat

Go down 
+11
Asp
jerk_burger
magokiron
Popmouth
Paluke
Von Kurst
HornedRat
Exarch Thomo
JAFisher44
PitFighterTrainer
DRD1812
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: none

Combat - Pistol Attacks in Close Combat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistol Attacks in Close Combat   Combat - Pistol Attacks in Close Combat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Feb 2009 - 17:25

who is the 'he' you refer to?
Back to top Go down
http://www.indadvendt.dk/mordheim/
JAFisher44
General
General
JAFisher44

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Attacks in Close Combat   Combat - Pistol Attacks in Close Combat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Feb 2009 - 22:39

Paluke wrote:
what he trying to say is, if you really want to be a "by the letter interpretation

it says, he "gains" as in "recieves" an "additional" attack. +1 attack just by "having" the pistol and a close combat weapon.

this so called "attack" is strength 4 and can only be used once during first round.

so "technically" by the letter.. you can always at any given time use your pistol attack(s) every first round of CC.

to make it watertight it should have added this line:

NB: the pistol rules still apply.

Well, technincally it says the gained attack can be used once at any time in CC, not just the first round. Only a brace of pistols is limited to first round.
Back to top Go down
lockthor
Warrior
Warrior
lockthor

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Attacks in Close Combat   Combat - Pistol Attacks in Close Combat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2009 - 20:20

Asp wrote:
I think the best solution to this classic problem is to allow the hero to drop the pistol after firing it. So if you have A2, two pistols and a Sword you could get 2 pistol attacks and 1 Sword attack. I know it goes against the letter of the rulebook, but it seems the most fair IMO.

I use this method too, i think that it is the true meaning of the rule beside the "letteral interpretation".
Back to top Go down
Paluke
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Paluke

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Attacks in Close Combat   Combat - Pistol Attacks in Close Combat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2009 - 16:34

Asp wrote:
who is the 'he' you refer to?

He as in "the model wielding the pistol(s)
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Attacks in Close Combat   Combat - Pistol Attacks in Close Combat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2009 - 17:03

lockthor wrote:
Asp wrote:
I think the best solution to this classic problem is to allow the hero to drop the pistol after firing it. So if you have A2, two pistols and a Sword you could get 2 pistol attacks and 1 Sword attack. I know it goes against the letter of the rulebook, but it seems the most fair IMO.

I use this method too, i think that it is the true meaning of the rule beside the "letteral interpretation".

Personally, I don't think switching to a Sword in the same round seems fair... I go with the 'pistol whip' philosophy, that in the first round, you'd get 2 pistol shots, and a third, no penalty attack (fromt eh pistol butt.) That way, you don't get the parry from the sword this turn.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pit Fighters (Unofficial) Pit Fighters (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Attacks in Close Combat   Combat - Pistol Attacks in Close Combat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2009 - 17:52

And are you allowing the +1 Str Modifier as well for both attacks? I would only allow the +1 Str bonus to first attack, but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
KorgakGrimtooth
Hero
Hero
KorgakGrimtooth

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Attacks in Close Combat   Combat - Pistol Attacks in Close Combat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Feb 2009 - 9:32

This is sort of related, but I had a question about how the crossbow pistol's special attack works in CC. The rules say there is an extra -2 to hit modifier -- does this mean in addition to any other modifiers present? For example, if the warrior with the crossbow pistol charged, that's a total of -3 (-2 for close combat and -1 for moving)? If the crossbow pistol armed model was charged, does he still have a -1 for moving (assuming he moved in his own turn)?

I'm kind of inclined to think the penalty does stack, if only because the BS stat is used and if not, the crossbow pistol is really powerful...

Also, because of the weird order of the attacks, could your warrior use his crossbow pistol special attack to knock down or stun an enemy and then finish him with melee weapons? I only ask because of the weird sort of separation in time the attack's description seems to suggest... the whole "before any blows are struck." I guess I'd again be inclined to think no, because of the fact that the special attack occurs in the same round, but if someone could clarify it for me, that'd be great!
Back to top Go down
hero
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Attacks in Close Combat   Combat - Pistol Attacks in Close Combat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Mar 2009 - 7:36

I feel like if you're being charged, you don't get -1 for moving even if you moved on your turn because under normal circumstances if you're being charged it's not your turn. "...-1 on any turn in which the model moves.." or something is probably what the rules say. If you're charged, it's the enemy's turn, so no penalty for shooting for you!

Actually I had never even thought of shooting the crossbow pistol when charging. I'd only imagined it as a "stand and shoot" sort of reaction to being charged. If they can be used when charging then the question about knocking the target down or stunning them and then completing the charge and taking them out of question is very important indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Attacks in Close Combat   Combat - Pistol Attacks in Close Combat - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pistol Attacks in Close Combat
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2