Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

A Clan is reborn.

Go down 
+15
Unwanted
dwi
Eliazar
Identity
cianty
Hellfoot
PitFighterTrainer
MagnoliaFan
Chad
Paluke
Lanyssa Ryssyll
DeafNala
Tagnator
magokiron
Drugart
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Clan is reborn.   A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr 2009 - 20:44

OH YEAH! That IS the BEST one you've done thus far. The eyes/face ARE perfect. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: A Clan is reborn.   A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr 2009 - 21:01

I second DeafNala. Though I am wondering whether you use any varnish on your models? This would protect the paint, which is already chipped of on the edges of the clothing.

But great work, it's really interesting to watch how you improve with every mini.
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: A Clan is reborn.   A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2009 - 5:12

Thanks for the comments yall, Yes I do use varnish, but I like to make sure everything is in order before I do so. When pics are taken you get to see the faults on the mini and are able to correct them.
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A Clan is reborn.   A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 1 May 2009 - 21:01

Ok folks three more Dwarfs to show, now the MU is for my army, but i will post him anyways. Sorry about the bases, but im painting like a mad man atm, and I will get to the bases asap.

A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 DSCN0425

A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 DSCN0426
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A Clan is reborn.   A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 1 May 2009 - 21:15

INCREDIBLE PROGRESS! These ARE by far the BEST Dwarves you've done. The faces in particular ARE outstanding. You're going to have to do a group shot of the Lads & Lasses eventually. WELL DONE, Amigo! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pit Fighters (Unofficial) Pit Fighters (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: A Clan is reborn.   A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 1 May 2009 - 21:37

WHOA!!! Are those the mini's I sent you?!?!?!?! From the looks of the one on the left, they are indeed! Great Job on the painting, and it's a proud moment to see them now painted and ready to rumble! THANKS!!!
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A Clan is reborn.   A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 1 May 2009 - 23:30

No thank you Pit! Good times painting them up.
Deaf I will work on the group shot soon man, promise ya! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dwi
Warlord
Warlord
dwi

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: A Clan is reborn.   A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 2 May 2009 - 3:32

SWEET!!! if I am right two of those guys in your newist pic are some Bugman's Dwarf Rangers you have a bit of true Dwarf wargameing history right there my friend!!

(Edit:I have the new Bugman with tankard if I can (I don't know if I have the tech yet) I will post him in the fantsasy bit on this fourm)
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A Clan is reborn.   A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 2 May 2009 - 4:10

Looking forward to seeing him Dwi.
Back to top Go down
Unwanted
Warlord
Warlord
Unwanted

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: A Clan is reborn.   A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 3 May 2009 - 18:55

Improving greatly as you progress through those awesome pieces of ancestral goodness
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A Clan is reborn.   A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009 - 0:30

Holy cow it has been forever since i posted a Dwarf! So here I am to rectify this terrible atrocity. May I present Thorgim StoneFist.

A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 DSCN0515
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: A Clan is reborn.   A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009 - 4:26

WOW! The progress on your technique is AMAZING! From simple colors and fair brush control to clean palettes, nice and clean brush-strokes, interesting shadowing and highlights and very professional-looking art.

Tom should pin this thread as the perfect example that practice makes perfect! Keep going bro... 5 more Dwarves and you probably be talking Golden Tom! cheers

Seriously... EXCELLENT WORK!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mordheimer.com
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A Clan is reborn.   A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009 - 4:31

Thanks Mord! I do appreciate it alot. All i know is that I love to paint and just see the minis come alive. Playing them is a second for me. I am a firm believer if you love doing something, you will get better and it will be better.

Golden Tom award...doubt it. There are so many more others that are worthy of that than me. Take it easy and I will try to get more up soon.
Back to top Go down
Paluke
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Paluke

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: A Clan is reborn.   A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009 - 7:02

Drugart! Very Happy your dwarves (or is it spelled dwarfs A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Suspect ) are EXCELLENT!
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: A Clan is reborn.   A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009 - 8:53

I love this thread! I, too, am a dawi enthusiast and absolutely love the collection of vintage figures you've got on display here.

I have been working on my WFB Dwarfs of late and been trying to pick up a few old guys here and there for added flavor, and it's great to see some other players with an appreciation for the classics.

I especially like your ranger's scheme, and you should be very proud of yourself! You've improved greatly over the course of your postings. I myself am only now beginning to repaint many of my first attempts on some of the dwarfs, and it practice makes an incredible amount of difference. Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A Clan is reborn.   A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009 - 9:14

thanks yall i do appreciate the kind words. My next dwarf is one that did not get published and is a Dwarf riding a pony. Ive been wanting to paint him for a loooong time, and now I think my skills are 'decent' enough to give it a whirl...we shall see i reckon.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: A Clan is reborn.   A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009 - 14:36

Drugart... you are doing great! I understand what you say by not considering yourself worthy of even thinking about a Golden Tom. YOU ARE WRONG! affraid Sure, you may not be at that level yet (neither am I, btw) but you CERTAINLY have a knack of improving quickly. Just look at your pictures objectively! You are probably tempted to re-paint some of them already... don't. Let them be a testimony of your progress.

By the time you finish your dwarves, you will still feel ill-prepared to run with the big dogs. Still, do it! You will be surprised! By then, we will probably be calling you Mr. Drugart! We can't all be Deafnala or Cianty... but we can certainly be a Drugart! Very Happy

Keep on painting bro... and let us know!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mordheimer.com
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A Clan is reborn.   A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009 - 15:26

NOW that's a piece to be PROUD of. Your progress is REMARKABLE. WELL DONE, Amigo! A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 544694
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A Clan is reborn.   A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009 - 17:16

Thanks Mord and Deaf. No worries I keep plugging away and just plain out enjoy painting them. A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: A Clan is reborn.   A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009 - 18:28

Drugart wrote:
No worries I keep plugging away and just plain out enjoy painting them. A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

And that's what it's all about! I really like your minis, Benjamin. Having fun really is what it's about. I wish the members in my gaming group were as enthusiastic about the hobby aspect. They mostly view tabletopping with me as board gaming, where I provide the materials. It's mostly fine with me as I do enjoy what I do, but sometimes I really wish they were more about the painting & building aspect. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A Clan is reborn.   A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009 - 18:54

Drugart wrote:
My next dwarf is one that did not get published and is a Dwarf riding a pony. Ive been wanting to paint him for a loooong time, and now I think my skills are 'decent' enough to give it a whirl...we shall see i reckon.

A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Affraid You have the dwarf pony cavalry model?!?!

The one with conquistador-style armor and the lance?!

WOW, now I'm truly envious. Have fun with that one, you're lucky!
Back to top Go down
Wolfy
Champion
Champion
Wolfy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A Clan is reborn.   A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009 - 22:25

The Thief is amaizing, is he a gw mini? or from somehwere else?
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A Clan is reborn.   A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 2:02

cianty wrote:
Drugart wrote:
No worries I keep plugging away and just plain out enjoy painting them. A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

And that's what it's all about! I really like your minis, Benjamin. Having fun really is what it's about. I wish the members in my gaming group were as enthusiastic about the hobby aspect. They mostly view tabletopping with me as board gaming, where I provide the materials. It's mostly fine with me as I do enjoy what I do, but sometimes I really wish they were more about the painting & building aspect. Smile

I know how you feel. As i do love to play the norm...WHFB, I enjoy the historical games as well. Finally got people at the club to open up to Zulu Wars and ACW games. Just to get them into the pirates portion. If they dont, oh well I will still paint my boys. One good thing about the military, every few years I move and find different players and make new friends.
The thief is a very old model Wolfy...thing '88 or so, gotta look it for ya.

Myn, yes it is and here is a pic before paint, with just some primer.
http://www.bugmansbrewery.com/topic/24338-some-great-dwarf-sculpts-that-sadly-never-got-made/
Some pics of them there. I got all of them except the Slayer at the bottom.
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A Clan is reborn.   A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 2:26

Drugart wrote:
I got all of them except the Slayer at the bottom.
AAAAAhhhhh that's awesome! I really dig the top left (pheonix helm) and bottom left (big gun) figures, they're all cool though. How did you manage to get your hands on all those guys?

I'm on Bugman's too (Whitworth Stormbringer), dwarfs unite! A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 16907
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A Clan is reborn.   A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 11:48

It took alot of ale and gold to get those bad boys. Also on Bugmans, and of course Drugart Stonefist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Clan is reborn.   A Clan is reborn. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Clan is reborn.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next