Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Highwayman and Roadwarden

Go down 
+2
Drugart
PitFighterTrainer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pit Fighters (Unofficial) Pit Fighters (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Highwayman and Roadwarden Empty
PostSubject: Highwayman and Roadwarden   Highwayman and Roadwarden Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jan 2009 - 1:54

Ok, when the nearing of the end of the Town Criers came, this Town Crier came out with the Highwayman and the Roadwarden. I liked the model of the Highwayman, but didn't have the funds to get it. But, I had creativeness....

Also, I did the Roadwarden, and since I wanted to make sure I could make the most use of my bits, and not waste, I made them interchangeable. Yes, switching between the top and bottom halves of these two units is an option!

Link to Highwayman and Roadwarden Conversion

Yeah, I know. The painting is something that is lacking, but remember, these were my first painting models, so be considerate.
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Highwayman and Roadwarden   Highwayman and Roadwarden Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jan 2009 - 2:58

Its simple and a nice clean paint job, I see nothing wrong with these minis. Alittle bright photos, but I like them. Way better than my warbands.
Back to top Go down
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Highwayman and Roadwarden   Highwayman and Roadwarden Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jan 2009 - 3:30

Yes, unfrotunately, I do need a new camera. This one has issues with losing the memory stick connection, settings, photos, display for quick view, etc. I have to hit it a few times to get it to come on as well...
Back to top Go down
magokiron
Ancient
Ancient
magokiron

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Highwayman and Roadwarden   Highwayman and Roadwarden Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jan 2009 - 5:03

They pretty good as they are for tabletop gaming, but if you feel like it, you can improve them a little.

Are the interchangeable legs and torsos joined with a peg? or it's a magnet?

Anyhow, this seems like a GREAT IDEA and maybe I'll be "borrowing" it for some of my models.

Thanks for sharing.

Best wishes.
Back to top Go down
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Highwayman and Roadwarden   Highwayman and Roadwarden Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jan 2009 - 5:27

Ok, fixed the brightness of the pics. Hope it helps. As for the interchangeable parts, I decided to get a small drill bit, and drill a hole into the torso and another into the legs. Then, I got a small wooden stick, about the size of a match stick, and shaped the edges to fit snuggly into the torso hole. Make sure it's snug, or you can simply glue it in place. Then, trim off a bit of the stick, as it should be too long for now, and check the connection between the two pieces. Make sure the 'peg' is not too long, and if it is, just trim down until you feel it's a good fit.

This option worked great for me, as I could then use these models for heroes that decided to search for horses and mounts. Enables you to have a concept for a hero or unique character, and able to have them as a foot model, AND the option for a mounted model. No problems with having to have two different mini's to represent the same model.
Back to top Go down
magokiron
Ancient
Ancient
magokiron

PostSubject: Re: Highwayman and Roadwarden   Highwayman and Roadwarden Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jan 2009 - 5:47

Thanks for the explanation. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MagnoliaFan
Warlord
Warlord
MagnoliaFan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar

PostSubject: Re: Highwayman and Roadwarden   Highwayman and Roadwarden Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jan 2009 - 10:01

Cool, I like the fact that you can switch bits! Are you ever gonna make a extra horse so you can pitch the warden and the highwayman against eachother (witch would be a fun duel!)
Personaly I only miss a bigg hammer for the roadwarden... Maby something for the future?
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Highwayman and Roadwarden   Highwayman and Roadwarden Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jan 2009 - 11:05

COOL IDEA! thumbsup Don't beat yourself up about the paint job; they ARE by far SUPERIOR to most of the gaming pieces I've seen, AND infinitely better than the unpainted minis that so many gamers field. You might not win the Goden Daemon with these Guys, but I think you did a pretty nice job on the Lads. So you get a WELL DONE! thumbsup

Last edited by DeafNala on Fri 23 Jan 2009 - 11:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Highwayman and Roadwarden   Highwayman and Roadwarden Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jan 2009 - 11:36

I really like the highwayman! A nicte simple paint-job that gets the whole ruthless-but-charming angle.
Back to top Go down
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Highwayman and Roadwarden   Highwayman and Roadwarden Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jan 2009 - 16:16

Yes, now that I have come into more mini's, I now have about 40+ horses to model, paint and use. But, that is something that will have to wait until I can afford paints to replace the ones I had 5 years ago...

Although, I could probably wetten the paints I still have, and hope they are usable again. What's the shelf life on GW Paints? Is 5 years pushing it?
Back to top Go down
magokiron
Ancient
Ancient
magokiron

PostSubject: Re: Highwayman and Roadwarden   Highwayman and Roadwarden Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jan 2009 - 18:20

I have some GW paints for more than 10 years now.

Some have corrupted, but more than 75% of them are still in good shape.

Note that I change bottles and use droppers as Vallejo paits.

Imo, it's easy for use and storage with the droppers.

Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Highwayman and Roadwarden   Highwayman and Roadwarden Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Highwayman and Roadwarden
Page 1 of 1