Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Teclis in Talabheim

Go down 
+5
gilzenaar
Ezekiel
Chad
Ethlorien
werekin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

Teclis in Talabheim Empty
PostSubject: Teclis in Talabheim   Teclis in Talabheim Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jan 2009 - 20:45

Just working my way through the third book in the 'Blackhearts Omnibus' from Black Library.

Warhammer World celebrity A-lister Teclis has just cropped up in this book alongside all manner of D-list rogues & cutthroats (working incognito for the greater good of the Empire under some very unusual circumstances!) and he's just been taken out of action with an enchanted poisoned arrow!!

I came here to see if any other published fluff is being discussed in any depth, and end up making a post about this interesting (or is it useless) fact.

The relevance that 'Tainted Blood' by Nathan Long has to Mordheim is that the story it is set in the province of Talabheim after the Storm of Chaos. That is the same time period and province that the Nemesis Crown campaign was set in! It is unfortunate that neither myself nor anyone else on the Mordheim_2500 development group read this novel or 'Valnir's Bane' prior to working on that Mordheim supplement. These novels would have supplied some amazing inspiration & insights for the Nemesis Crown supplement for Mordheim not to mention the accompanying narrative campaign Eye of the Forest* which I ran based on the setting.

*PDF document containing wonderful background material and unpublished Nemesis Crown material by rev larny available later this year as a free download on the Nemesis Crown for Mordheim web site.

Interesting fact: Master scribe Mark Havener titled one of the entries in his Hochland Bandits warband list (originally developed for release in the cancelled setting 'Karak Azgal') as 'Blackhearts' without realising that Nathan Long was writing a novel included rogueish characters who are collectively referred to by the same title.

Does anyone else on the forum actively read Warhammer fantasy novels!?

Regards,

Werekin.

p.s. I hope Teclis is dead as everyone loves a good tragedy!! Somehow I think he is not.
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Teclis in Talabheim   Teclis in Talabheim Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jan 2009 - 20:48

I've actually never read a warhammer novel myself, but (your praise included ) I'm hearing more and more about how good these novels are. Apparently the book about Malekith (by Gav Thrope) is just excellent.

Sorry I have nothing really to contribute to this, only that I think I will be getting myself into these novels as well sometime.

[ I wouldn't mind Teclis dying myself - never used the fellow in my HE army anyway Smile ]
Back to top Go down
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Teclis in Talabheim   Teclis in Talabheim Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jan 2009 - 21:36

Stupid, pointy-nosed, arrogant, inferior-twin wizard...
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Teclis in Talabheim   Teclis in Talabheim Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jan 2009 - 21:56

arrogant pointyeared wizards who are allowed freaking DRAGONS in a 1000 point battle... yes... Wink though they will be the first to die due to the scarefactor...:S

On the novels... I just finished Inheritance, in the Von Carstein series... and though the ending appears to have bored the writer... (a lot of spelling mistakes and incorrect timelines) it was a nice and entertaining piece which did supply me with a lot of inspiration! (specially now that I've just received my order of Empire and Vampire boxes and books and more boxes!)

And, while I was in the store anyway, I bought a new novel: the Malus Darkblade collection... should help me to finish that bloody dark elf army of mine!! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
gilzenaar
Champion
Champion
gilzenaar

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Teclis in Talabheim   Teclis in Talabheim Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2009 - 14:51

I recently started reading Warhammer novels, with Gotrek & Felix,
If you haven't read them already, you really should, because they are just too cool. Twisted Evil
This has started my Warhammer reading carreer, and I have recently finished the Times of Legends book Malekith, which was kindof cool, I'm a Dwarf fan myself, but I really enjoyed reading about some long-eared fellows,
I'm looking forward to the next Time of Legends book.. lol!
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Teclis in Talabheim   Teclis in Talabheim Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2009 - 17:45

I read a few of the Warhammer books way back when. Really liked Bill King's 'Dark Beneath the World' short story. I've got all of his Gotrek and Felix books. Nice mindless reads with the occasional cool bit.
Since the advent of the Black Library I've read a bunch of the other offerings. Favorites are in no particular order 'Hammers of Ulric', 'Fell Cargo' and 'Riders of the Dead'. I read the Von Carstien trilogy before running a Vampire Wars Warhammer Campaign. It was excellent background material.
The folks on Warhammer Empire recommend the Witch Hunter series but I haven't gotten around to it yet...
js
Back to top Go down
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Teclis in Talabheim   Teclis in Talabheim Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2009 - 21:17

No offence, but I think that Black Library is on a par with The Beano (a noble publication!).
Back to top Go down
Alcaeus
Champion
Champion
Alcaeus

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Teclis in Talabheim   Teclis in Talabheim Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2009 - 0:43

I have read the Blackhearts omnibus. i was a really great book and when i finished it i actually missed the characters Sad.
After that I read the Vampire Wars trilogy. So much blood and such a great story, i loved it!
Now I'm reading the Witch Hunter omnibus (close to finishing it). Also a great read, no less worthy then the others.
I would really suggest these books Smile
Back to top Go down
stoy

stoy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Teclis in Talabheim   Teclis in Talabheim Icon_minitimeTue 14 Apr 2009 - 12:58

I have been reading some warhammer books recently and I have to admit that the Gotrek and Felix novels are really cool! Altough the book about Malekith is my personal number 1. Probably because I am a dark elf player Razz
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Teclis in Talabheim   Teclis in Talabheim Icon_minitimeTue 14 Apr 2009 - 17:11

I've read all of the William King Gotrek books (I still laugh whenever I look at my brother's old Orc & Goblin rulebook... there's 'Billy King', with a Cosmo Kramer hairstyle, fielding the Dwarf army in the battle report.) I've also read Fell Cargo (great fluff for Sartosa Campaign), as well as the first Witch Hunter book (the latter was alright, but not great.)
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teclis in Talabheim   Teclis in Talabheim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Teclis in Talabheim
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Battle Reports and Fluff-
Jump to: