Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

A Sylvanian Werewolf in Mordheim

Go down 
+3
cianty
catferret
Imbued84
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Imbued84
Champion
Champion
Imbued84

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

A Sylvanian Werewolf in Mordheim Empty
PostSubject: A Sylvanian Werewolf in Mordheim   A Sylvanian Werewolf in Mordheim Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jan 2009 - 21:41

Hi all

I've always had the idea of having a Werewolf in either Mordheim or Warhammer. We're soon setting up a campaign here and we're thinking about adding some special Hired swords, this would be my contribution.

What I want to ask all of you is how you would picture such a hired sword? Stats, special rules, payment etc?

Here are some of my ideas so far:
Large target? Statline equal to that of an Ogre (or the like)? Regenerate?. Count as Undead for purposes of Holy weapons? Some kind of moon phase based ability?

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: A Sylvanian Werewolf in Mordheim   A Sylvanian Werewolf in Mordheim Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jan 2009 - 21:44

I suggest taking a look at the Ulfwerenar in the Norse warband or the Balewolf/Thing in the Woods from Empire in Flames for ideas.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: A Sylvanian Werewolf in Mordheim   A Sylvanian Werewolf in Mordheim Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jan 2009 - 21:48

catferret wrote:
I suggest taking a look at the Ulfwerenar in the Norse warband or the Balewolf/Thing in the Woods from Empire in Flames for ideas.

Exactly! And Beorg Bearstruck from the Norse Marauders Dogs of War regiment for Warhammer.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: A Sylvanian Werewolf in Mordheim   A Sylvanian Werewolf in Mordheim Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009 - 0:52

There was a werewolf type in Warhammer Fantasy a long time ago. I have one of the models, stil unpainted and untouched.

The Dogs of war one is great and Reaper makes an excellent model also.

If you are looking for rules, I don't recall anything off hand. I can't remember if Brahm wrote something up on that or if I have something stashed away when I was working on the Sylvania theme about 4 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: A Sylvanian Werewolf in Mordheim   A Sylvanian Werewolf in Mordheim Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009 - 2:11

Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: A Sylvanian Werewolf in Mordheim   A Sylvanian Werewolf in Mordheim Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009 - 2:30

Actually, Brahm did write one. It was the "Cursed Hillman" Hired sword. Sadly, I don't see it on his site.

Brahm and I also did a "masters of horror" warband (basically old Universal Movie Monsters), and had two types of werewolves.

Werewolf Hero: M6, WS3, BS3, S4, T3, W2, I2, A2, Ld7. He didn't cause fear, but in theory, he probably should've. The cost for the hero was 65gc.

The other werewolf in the warband were the Bitten Henchmen.

0-3 THE BITTEN
40 gold crowns to hire
Slaves to the disease that courses through their veins, the Bitten serve their dark masters in both their human and bestial forms.
Code:
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4  2  2 4 3 1 4 1 6
Weapons/Armor: The Bitten may be armed from the Bitten Equipment List (Dagger, Sword, Axe, Hammer, etc.)
Special Rules:
Transform: Roll a D6 each turn and consult the following. Once transformed, the Bitten cast off all equipment (save for a dagger) and suffer no penalties for fighting unarmed.
1-Madness: your Bitten suffers from Stupidity this turn. If Transformed, they revert to human form.
2 to 5-Act as normal
6-Transformed: your Bitten gains Frenzy and Sprint. This lasts until a 1 is rolled. Transformed do not roll when in combat.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: A Sylvanian Werewolf in Mordheim   A Sylvanian Werewolf in Mordheim Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009 - 14:31

The Cursed Hillman was in one the LODs, when I get home I will see if I can provide a link to it.
Back to top Go down
Identity
Elder
Elder
Identity

Trading Reputation : -2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: A Sylvanian Werewolf in Mordheim   A Sylvanian Werewolf in Mordheim Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009 - 14:45

Top google result for "Cursed Hillman:" http://madnergal.com/brahmsworld/Mordheim/PDFs/MordHillman.pdf

I've always wanted to see someone play this HS, but no one's used him yet. I guess I have to pester our undead and possessed players.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Sylvanian Werewolf in Mordheim   A Sylvanian Werewolf in Mordheim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Sylvanian Werewolf in Mordheim
Page 1 of 1