Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Possible new Settings for Mordheim?

Go down 
+12
Identity
PitFighterTrainer
Von Kurst
cianty
mrtn
Da Bank
Chad
Joker2and53
DeafNala
Eliazar
Ethlorien
zettel
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Possible new Settings for Mordheim? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible new Settings for Mordheim?   Possible new Settings for Mordheim? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2009 - 14:58

Mousillon is or was a Bretonnian Duchy. It's a foul swampy realm where the Dead do not rest easy & suffers the rule of a Vampire Most Foul. A FUN SPOT for an exciting weekend getaway, if you're a Questing Knight. Suspect
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Settings for Mordheim?   Possible new Settings for Mordheim? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2009 - 15:04

Well, just like I said: It is by Mark Havener (author of Da Mob, Dwarfs, Random Happenings, Multiplayer rules, EiF, ...), it was announced by Tuomas in an issue of Town Cryer, was officially commissioned but never released. It is not the strike-to-stun version...

The Moussillon setting is accessible from Strike-to-Stun.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Joker2and53
Warlord
Warlord
Joker2and53

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Settings for Mordheim?   Possible new Settings for Mordheim? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2009 - 17:13

Cianty you are one one the ball Mod. Thanks for the info about Moussillon, I did not even know such a setting existed. Too bad the download sections are incomplete, but I guess I can just copy/paste all the articles into Word.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Settings for Mordheim?   Possible new Settings for Mordheim? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009 - 20:10

Speaking of Timelines - there's a spot of history of Cathay in it apparently, concerning the Great Bastion.

-1800 "The Dragon Emperor unites the entire civilization of Grand Cathay in a great task that is to change the destiny of his nation forever. The GREAT BASTION also known as the Dragon's Spine, is completed in under a century- an impenetrable fortress wall, a quarter of a mile high, that spans league upon league across the border of Cathay. In this way Cathay protects itself from Chaos invasion."

This, using the BTB rulebook could be a quite interesting campaign in which warbands fight (for or against Cathay) trying to hold off the stem of chaos while the wall is built. Campaign ends when A) Marauders have ravaged the northern lands of Cathay beyond recognition, or B) Cathay gets its wall up and is safe at last.

Just an idea, is all.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Settings for Mordheim?   Possible new Settings for Mordheim? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009 - 20:38

Ethlorien wrote:
Speaking of Timelines - there's a spot of history of Cathay in it apparently, concerning the Great Bastion.

-1800 "The Dragon Emperor unites the entire civilization of Grand Cathay in a great task that is to change the destiny of his nation forever. The GREAT BASTION also known as the Dragon's Spine, is completed in under a century- an impenetrable fortress wall, a quarter of a mile high, that spans league upon league across the border of Cathay. In this way Cathay protects itself from Chaos invasion."

This, using the BTB rulebook could be a quite interesting campaign in which warbands fight (for or against Cathay) trying to hold off the stem of chaos while the wall is built. Campaign ends when A) Marauders have ravaged the northern lands of Cathay beyond recognition, or B) Cathay gets its wall up and is safe at last.

Just an idea, is all.

I did consider this for BTB but in the end we agreed that this is not a mordheimish skirmish scenario. What's a warband? A group of 12 to 15 warriors. Storming the bastion is a really big deal and this is more a Warhammer scenario than a Mordheim scenario. Sure the Siege in the BTB book is also borderlining Warhammer games but it's sort of feasible with enough players partaking and if focus is put on a part of the entire city walls. A bunch of invading marauders can surely cause some devastation within the city but a bunch of marauders climbing the bastion is not enough to mean a serious threat for Cathay. You'd need armies to properly represent this situation. What I think would be cool would be a combination of the BTB campaign system for Mordheim games and Warhammer battles. With a little extension you could have a great campaign for both Mordheim and Warhammer players.
Back to top Go down
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Settings for Mordheim?   Possible new Settings for Mordheim? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009 - 20:46

Yeah - that's true.

I was almost thinking something like warbands choose a faction (for Chaos, or for Cathay). For every win Cathay gets, their wall is advanced that much further, while for every warband loss, that much of the wall is destroyed. Not actual warbands storiming the walls, but rather on side objectives to aid in the wall's completion/destruction, while the main forces (great idea on using warhammer) are trying to get the 'big picutre' completed.

The campaign ends when the wall is totally destroyed (campaign starts perhaps with the wall half built), or when it is complete. Or, simply at the end of the campaign, the overall winner is the faction that got their objective advanced the furthest.

Anyway, just an idea...

Me, my Marauders have enough innocent folk to slaughter in the BTB setting - they'll have to hold off travelling back in time anyways. Smile
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Settings for Mordheim?   Possible new Settings for Mordheim? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009 - 20:51

Yeah, that does sound like a decent idea for a BTB expansion. Now give me a proper Cathay army for Warhammer and we're talking. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Settings for Mordheim?   Possible new Settings for Mordheim? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009 - 20:58

Well - here's this one: http://www.warseer.com/files/Warhammer-Armies-Cathay.pdf

But be warned, it's 7.4 megs, 56 pages, and the new rules seem endless. Author states it's been fully playtested, though I can't see how you'd ever memorize this many special rules. Smile
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Settings for Mordheim?   Possible new Settings for Mordheim? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009 - 20:59

I was talking of minis, Ethlorien Smile
Back to top Go down
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Settings for Mordheim?   Possible new Settings for Mordheim? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009 - 21:07

See - this is why we'll never be a couple, Cainty! You go straight to the minis, I go straight to the rules. It just wouldn't work between us. Smile
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Settings for Mordheim?   Possible new Settings for Mordheim? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009 - 21:12

Ethlorien wrote:
See - this is why we'll never be a couple, Cainty! You go straight to the minis, I go straight to the rules. It just wouldn't work between us. Smile

LOL

Cuz I'm a player. Not a rules lawyer. There's no point in having rules that you can't use.
Back to top Go down
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Settings for Mordheim?   Possible new Settings for Mordheim? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009 - 21:13

That said, did you ever see the Cathay army converted by a GW employee? It was based on the Bretonnian Army Book, I believe. The whole army was just stunning.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Settings for Mordheim?   Possible new Settings for Mordheim? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009 - 21:16

Ethlorien wrote:
That said, did you ever see the Cathay army converted by a GW employee? It was based on the Bretonnian Army Book, I believe. The whole army was just stunning.

Did you ever see the gallery section of the BTB website? Wink
Back to top Go down
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Settings for Mordheim?   Possible new Settings for Mordheim? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009 - 21:19

Actually, no, I haven't really. The pics are all blocked here at work, and I usually have just enough time to do a little posting on the weekends.

I take it there's some sweet Cathayans there? I'll have to check it out tonight.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Settings for Mordheim?   Possible new Settings for Mordheim? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009 - 21:27

Ethlorien wrote:
Actually, no, I haven't really. The pics are all blocked here at work, and I usually have just enough time to do a little posting on the weekends.

I take it there's some sweet Cathayans there? I'll have to check it out tonight.

Yes, Dave's Cathay army is there. I took all the pics before GW deleted their website and replaced it with... what it is now.
Back to top Go down
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Settings for Mordheim?   Possible new Settings for Mordheim? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009 - 21:30

cianty wrote:
I took all the pics before GW deleted their website and replaced it with... what it is now.

Indeed - that sums up their online catalogue . . . err, I mean website . . . nicely.

Edit: Wow, just hit the BTB gallery - hadn't been there in bloody ages. Holy cow there's been a lot of work going on! Very nice - yeah, that's what I'd like to see in a Cathayan army (even throw in some Ogre dogs of war too!). Coolness.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Settings for Mordheim?   Possible new Settings for Mordheim? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009 - 4:33

Aside from the call for new settings, I am curious as to how many of you have played in one of the currently available settings besides Mordheim?

The group I game with has played in Lustria Cities of Gold, Khemri Land of the Dead, Relics of the Crusades, Empire in Flames and the Nemesis Crown.

Just curious,
js
Back to top Go down
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pit Fighters (Unofficial) Pit Fighters (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Settings for Mordheim?   Possible new Settings for Mordheim? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009 - 6:27

You know, Da Bank, myself, and another player completed a Campaign that ended with our three warbands finding themselves in a fight for their lives. the last battle was interrupted by Von Carstein and Isabella, as they descended down upon Mordheim, intent on wiping out all opposition and taking the town for their own. Well, our three warbands had to put their difference aside, and fight to the death. Many of our heroes died, and the battle was epic, but it was fun.

It mixed Warhammer rules of regiments of skeletons, fell bats, etc, and pitted them against our Mordheim warbands. It actually went pretty well, and only a few things might have been questionable, but it worked. That was my favorite Campaign, as the ending was simply fight or die, nothing else. No routing, as there was no place to hide...
Back to top Go down
Identity
Elder
Elder
Identity

Trading Reputation : -2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Settings for Mordheim?   Possible new Settings for Mordheim? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009 - 6:31

I'd be very interested in the specifics of that final campaign battle if you or Da Bank still have them around. Sounds like a suitably epic finish.
Back to top Go down
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Settings for Mordheim?   Possible new Settings for Mordheim? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009 - 6:44

I have the whole writeup and scenario saved on my webpage. I am updating the webpage right now, but the old awfully dated page is here: Hands Of Fate

There are also battle pics from 5 or 6 years ago when it was played. Looks like it was only Da Bank and myself running through the final battle. The skaven warband had the day off...
Back to top Go down
Identity
Elder
Elder
Identity

Trading Reputation : -2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Settings for Mordheim?   Possible new Settings for Mordheim? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009 - 7:02

Wow. I guess this isn't the right place to talk about it in depth, but that sounds very interesting. Assuming your two warbands won, they must have been very advanced to take down a 2000+ point vampire counts army.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Settings for Mordheim?   Possible new Settings for Mordheim? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009 - 12:37

Yes, there were. Tuomas did the same thing for ending his famous Dark Moon Campaign many years ago.

Pitfighter managed to pull out a victory.

We played that at GW Store @ the Marquee.

They let us use their gaming table and Store's 2000 pt Undead Army.
Back to top Go down
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Settings for Mordheim?   Possible new Settings for Mordheim? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009 - 17:56

Da Bank wrote:
Yes, there were. Tuomas did the same thing for ending his famous Dark Moon Campaign many years ago.

Pitfighter managed to pull out a victory.

We played that at GW Store @ the Marquee.

They let us use their gaming table and Store's 2000 pt Undead Army.

And then we went outside and found someone had smashed out my passenger side window on my car and broken in to steal my stereo system...

memories... scratch
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Settings for Mordheim?   Possible new Settings for Mordheim? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009 - 20:57

Hey! It wasn't me I was with you. LOL.

I had forgotten about that. See what happens when you kill a Vampire!
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Settings for Mordheim?   Possible new Settings for Mordheim? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2009 - 3:38

While Brahm has a few Sylvania things in LoD, he had TONS on his website. Make sure you check it out.

At the moment, Master & I (and increasingly, Identity), are working on an Athel Loren Setting. Also, Master and I tried to do an Ind campaign, but it fell through. Oh well.

Personally, other fun settings would be:
>Northern Wastes (lots of mutations and evil)
>Dragon Isles (someone already mentioned it, but I'd use it as an excuse to introduce bound monsters, as well as Chad's Flying Mount rules.)
>Mootland/Wee Wars - Goblins vs. Halflings! A war of miniature proportions!
>Dark Lands - I used to be a big Chaos Dwarf fan, and would love to make a setting in the Dark Land temples, wastelands, and slave camps.

Zettel: I too have loved the idea of a Tilean setting. Tons of assassins, House favors, and sneaky poisons. I'd probably add an Event Table, for random things that happen between games. (If you want a taste, the Warring Houses scenario from Sartosa is a good basis for a capture the flag with lots of added Hired Swords.)

Lastly, I always wanted to do a Dog of War campaign. It's been a pet project of mine for years, but the way it'd work, is that every warband is built using the same DoW rules. Each warband has a Human Leader, but can pick Champions and Support Heroes from any number of races, so long as they are not conflicting alliances. Then, depending on which Champions you choose, you have access to nearly every type of henchmen available. (Ex. A Skaven Sorceror gives you access to Verminkin, Rats, & Rat Ogres. A Dwarf Champion gives you access to Dwarf Warriors, Beardlings, and Thunderers.) This way, no two warbands are alike.

(I also did my best to throw in OOOOOLD WFB characters in there as well. Expect Norse Dwarves, Sea Elves, Fimirs, and Zoats.)

((Hmm. Now that I have my website up, I could actually post the rules thus far. Expect by the end of May.))
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Settings for Mordheim?   Possible new Settings for Mordheim? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible new Settings for Mordheim?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next