Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dart82
Hero
Hero
Dart82

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders
Achievements earned: none

beastmen - Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords Empty
PostSubject: Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords   beastmen - Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords Icon_minitimeTue 30 Dec 2008 - 4:06

Hi all,
I have a Beastmen Raiders warband and I was wondering what Hired Swords I can hire. The Empire in Flames was written after the original rulebook so there is no mention of what I can or cant hire. No hired sword in Empire in Flames says specifically that I can hire them. I was going to use the same rules for possessed warbands when hiring swords, but I would not be allowed a human warlock, as I would eat them! What do you guys do??
Dart
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords   beastmen - Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords Icon_minitimeTue 30 Dec 2008 - 4:31

Skaven can take warlocks so why couldnt you? You can hire anything as long as the hired sword desription says you cant.
Back to top Go down
Dart82
Hero
Hero
Dart82

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords   beastmen - Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords Icon_minitimeTue 30 Dec 2008 - 7:21

Theres nothing in the Mordheim rules about Beastmen at all. They only come in in Empire In Flames. My friends say I can only hire swords that say Beastmen can, but no hired sword says I can. Thats got to be untrue!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords   beastmen - Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords Icon_minitimeTue 30 Dec 2008 - 9:59

kick them in the crouch, tell them to stop being d1cks and to enjoy the game. These guys are obviously just cranky that you constantly beat them and are grasping at straws.

The best way is to fight them with their own game, theres not alot of logic required. The most recent redo of the mordheim rule book was after the beastman warband release. They did not change the rules for the warlock from "anyone but witch hunters and sisters" therfore you can.
Back to top Go down
Dart82
Hero
Hero
Dart82

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords   beastmen - Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords Icon_minitimeTue 30 Dec 2008 - 10:39

Which is the most recent one? I have two, one with Undead, Skaven, WD, Mercs and Possessed warbands and also have Empire in Flames. Is there another more recent one?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords   beastmen - Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords Icon_minitimeTue 30 Dec 2008 - 10:52

No the Mordheim rulebook is recent, they just update it. All the expansions stay the same. What I am trying to say is that they have reviewed the mordheim rulebook after ther release of beastmen and havnt changed the warlocks hiring description.
Back to top Go down
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords   beastmen - Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords Icon_minitimeTue 30 Dec 2008 - 14:24

Any ganing group that says you can't hire warlock are being (as mrbrettonia says) d1cks. (None of these gamers have large blunt intsruments , do they? If they might want to hit me for this please try to dissuade them!)
Back to top Go down
Skavenblight
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Skavenblight

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords   beastmen - Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords Icon_minitimeTue 30 Dec 2008 - 14:57

I don't want to bother you guys, but the Beastmen rules say that they're:

"...fearsome creatures of Chaos that do not interact with other races other than in war. A Bestmen warband MAY NEVER HIRE ANY HIRED SWORD unless specifically stated with the hired sword.".

That means IMHO that they may never hire any hired sword (from those which were created in rulebook, annual or EiF) unless there would exist a hired sword which maybe COULD BE created for them (in the future), but as we know... there was later no hired sword which could be taken by beastmen player.

I think that it's really no tragedy for Beastmen player. I play Carnival of Chaos which cannot also take any hired sword and it isn't a problem.

Please don't kick me! I'm a woman! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://hakostwo.blogspot.com
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords   beastmen - Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords Icon_minitimeTue 30 Dec 2008 - 15:00

I believe in equal rights for women! If you've got the vote you get the kick! I didn't say anything about the rules, just the gamers. Wink But I think beastmen should be able to hir ehte warlock. But can't they hire the cursed hillman any way?
Back to top Go down
Skavenblight
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Skavenblight

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords   beastmen - Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords Icon_minitimeTue 30 Dec 2008 - 15:26

Chad wrote:
I believe in equal rights for women! If you've got the vote you get the kick!
lol!

Chad wrote:
I didn't say anything about the rules, just the gamers. Wink But I think beastmen should be able to hir ehte warlock.
Of course, if the gamers want to change the rules, they can play like they want Smile I know it's frustrating if you roll 3x6 in exploration and can't do nothing about it, because your warband can't hire any hired swords. But Beastmen are a REALLY strong warband. With the hired swords, they would be much stronger than another warbands in Mordheim, and the chances should be equal. I think it could change the balance, and it would be not good.

Chad wrote:
But can't they hire the cursed hillman any way?
Maybe, I can't find the rules now.
Back to top Go down
http://hakostwo.blogspot.com
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords   beastmen - Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords Icon_minitimeTue 30 Dec 2008 - 15:32

Oh, I remember working on some Beastmen Raider Hired Swords on the old SG webstite. There were some good ideas there. Still have the file we were working on somewhere...
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords   beastmen - Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords Icon_minitimeWed 31 Dec 2008 - 22:49

And by the way, I always thought that a neat house rule would be to give Ungors access to Javelins (Lustria/BTB rules, range 8", 5gc, may move and throw). It seemed to me to be fitting with the style, and add a TEENY bit of fire power without going overboard. Also makes Ungors good for SOMETHING.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Dart82
Hero
Hero
Dart82

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords   beastmen - Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords Icon_minitimeFri 2 Jan 2009 - 3:37

Yeah I agree that Beastmen Raiders are very good without hired swords, and with no range they still are very powerful. I only wanted a warlock with the Silver Arrows for some range. The rules arent clear and my mates said I can hire an Ogre Bodyguard, so I'll just hire him. It seems fitting cos a huge brute would fit nicely into my warband.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords   beastmen - Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beastmen Radiers - Hired Swords
Page 1 of 1