Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

2 question on charging (base contact, squids)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SomeOrc
Knight
Knight
SomeOrc

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

2 question on charging (base contact, squids) Empty
PostSubject: 2 question on charging (base contact, squids)   2 question on charging (base contact, squids) Icon_minitimeMon 22 Dec 2008 - 23:17

Hello,

a) When charging, can the "unobstructed line from your model to the target" be drawn between any part of the two bases? I.e., is it fine if two corners barely touch at the end of the movement, as long as the movement itself was a straight line?

b) If a squig ends up touching multiple enemies, is it automatically in combat with all of them?

("a" feels like "yes", and "b" seems almost trivially "yes" since the same is true when charging multiple enemies at the same time, just thought I'd ask anyway Orc Shaman ).

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
MyLittlePwny
Elder
Elder
MyLittlePwny

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: 2 question on charging (base contact, squids)   2 question on charging (base contact, squids) Icon_minitimeMon 22 Dec 2008 - 23:22

we always play with round bases to avoid the corner issues - makes base contact a lot easier to decide Smile

but as for B, i'd say yes.. you can move it any way you like and don't have to take the shortest route with squigs, so if you move them into base contact with several enemies - you charge them all
Back to top Go down
SomeOrc
Knight
Knight
SomeOrc

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 2 question on charging (base contact, squids)   2 question on charging (base contact, squids) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Dec 2008 - 1:10

Ok, mentioning corners sent my intended meaning off on a tangent, punt intended.

I was mainly concerned about the term "unobstructed line" (unrelated to whether bases are round or not). This line does not necessarily have to end at the center of the both models, right? I.e., as long as the attacker can see any body part of the target (he can "see the target"), and can move in a straight line so that anything gets in contact at the end of the movement, he can charge?

Example:

2 question on charging (base contact, squids) A99c9447

Red is charging since he can just see blue's foot ("unobstructed line" between his eyes and the foot), and he can just move into contact (assuming round bases, and the black thing is ment to be a high wall).

Correct?

But: the rules just say "unobstructed line from your model to the target", not "from your model's eyes". So, how about this:

2 question on charging (base contact, squids) Cc7b6238

Now, I draw an "unobstructed line" between my foot and their foot and move just in contact, although I didn't actually see them (actually seeing them is not mentioned in the rulebook, only that "unobstructed line").

-------------------

To cut it short: my opinion is that the "unobstructed line" should be between the centers of the minis (so, in BOTH examples charging is not possible), since it says "by the most direct route" later in the section on charges. Some guy has proposed what I have painted up there to be correct (at least the first example should be allowed to charge, but possibly also the second). I am exaggerating here, of course, we do not fight over sub-milimeter distances when gaming. Smile

What is the correct way?
Back to top Go down
MyLittlePwny
Elder
Elder
MyLittlePwny

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: 2 question on charging (base contact, squids)   2 question on charging (base contact, squids) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Dec 2008 - 6:12

Honestly, i can't see the difference between 1 and 2 :O but they're correct (you don't have to charge his foot) you play with whole models.. as long as you can see any of the model, you'll charge into base contact with him, even if that means running slightly around a corner
Back to top Go down
SomeOrc
Knight
Knight
SomeOrc

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 2 question on charging (base contact, squids)   2 question on charging (base contact, squids) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Dec 2008 - 13:39

MyLittlePwny wrote:
Honestly, i can't see the difference between 1 and 2

In 1, there is a line-of-sight between the attacker eyes and the target foot; whereas in 2, there isn't - only a line between their feet, so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 question on charging (base contact, squids)   2 question on charging (base contact, squids) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 question on charging (base contact, squids)
Page 1 of 1