Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Beastmen Raiders of Rathgar the Brayer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Solinan
Hero
Hero

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: None

beastmen - Beastmen Raiders of Rathgar the Brayer Empty
PostSubject: Beastmen Raiders of Rathgar the Brayer   beastmen - Beastmen Raiders of Rathgar the Brayer Icon_minitimeThu 6 Dec 2007 - 11:09

SO, I have finally settled my mind on the Beastmen Raiders, so have made a warband and started fluff on them, which will be updated when I have more time, at work at the moment...
The list is by momory, so not totally sure on the weapons. and not everyone have gotten names and fluff yet, but they will.
I'll have my first "battle" tonight against Sisters of Sigmar, so perhaps I will write a word or two... Very Happy

Chief: (sword and mace)
Rathgar the Brayer

Seeking out the favour of the gods, on the search for his true path, Rathgar has proven a mighty warrior amongst his kind, and many a follower he has gotten.

Shaman: (2 maces)
Mhorgor the Tainted

Touched by the gods, Mhorgor is elevated by the followers of Rathgar as the seer of the untold.

Centigor: (2 handed weapon)
Gu’rahgor

Hatred follows this outcast of beasts, Gu’rahgor once a champion of lords, become self-confident, has been shamed for the derogatory behaviour towards his masters. The shamans of his old herd, granted Gu’rahgor with a piece of the blackened stone, as a spoil of war. Too late was the hour when he realised the conspiracy, and was forever changed into the thing he is now.
Joining Rathgar in hope of finding more of this so-called Wyrdstone, trying to release his spirit from the mutation that is his body.

Bestigor: (two handed weapon)
Grimgor

Bestigor: (2 maces)

2 Ungors: (spears)

2 Gors: (2 maces)
The pack
Back to top Go down
Erkwin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Erkwin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Raiders of Rathgar the Brayer   beastmen - Beastmen Raiders of Rathgar the Brayer Icon_minitimeThu 6 Dec 2007 - 14:03

Nice!

I hope you will write a small story or something similar about them Smile
Back to top Go down
Solinan
Hero
Hero

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Raiders of Rathgar the Brayer   beastmen - Beastmen Raiders of Rathgar the Brayer Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2007 - 12:52

My first game vs Sisters of Sigmar vs Orcs & Goblins:

My opponants had,
Sisters: 10+ minis everyone with slings alot of sigmarite hammers and bucklers too
Orcs: All out orcs, many a different weapon, but no missile weapons.

The two others started in corners side by side, and i had the middle of the opposite table edge.

Throughout the crumbling city the sound of batltle eccoed down the narrow streets. Rathgar brayed out the command to pick up the pace. The horrifying sound of many a cloven hoof drowned out the screams of war.

in the distance, a band of orcs fighting amongst eachother surfaced, slowing to a halt, Rathgar signaled to split up the group, so to surround the greens. Everyone down to the most measly centigor and ungor knew that the green always bear many spoils of war.

Lurking in the shades, Mhorgor suddenly jumps back as the closest orc to him is struck down by what looks like a stone. His flank is overwhelmed with the human skum, female skum no less.

Rathgar already face to face with the orcs, was but a few paces from planting his sword into the shoulder of the closest orc, as the four orcs suddenly turns and runs towards Mhorgors possision. A loud braying sound fills the air, as weapons meet, Rathgar lead his warriors towards Mothgor.
Meeting in the middle of a street, Mothgor and Rathgar suddenly hear a clash of combatants just 2 blocks to the north.

Arriving as the sisters flee the sceen, Gu'rahgor smashes headlong into the closest orc.
Close behind, every single beastman charges the green looters.

in the rage of battle, at least 6 orcs was felled by the horned, though Grimgor was felled, but many a laughter cought the beastmen, as Grimgor just was knocked out by a pommel from a sword.

So "without a scratch" the beasts found a brutish orc sword, and a few coins on the dead orcs...

Sorry about the poorly written battlereport, but its a start and Im doing it at work Razz

But all in all not a scratch on my warband, but every hero in my warband is missing 1 xp to advance, I killed many an orc.
But all in all the others lured me towards them both, then suddenly running away and clashing on the edge opposite of my starting edge.
So I had 4 turns of running around... Razz
Back to top Go down
Erkwin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Erkwin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Raiders of Rathgar the Brayer   beastmen - Beastmen Raiders of Rathgar the Brayer Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2007 - 15:26

"Sisters: 10+ minis everyone with slings alot of sigmarite hammers and bucklers too"

Evil or Very Mad Bah! The only thing worse is a skaven warband full of slingers Mad

Nice report, it was a joy to read, hope there will be some more.
Back to top Go down
Solinan
Hero
Hero

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Raiders of Rathgar the Brayer   beastmen - Beastmen Raiders of Rathgar the Brayer Icon_minitimeMon 4 Feb 2008 - 10:21

Argh, the beasts are dead and gone, I only had two battles...

I had one against lizardmen after the initial battle, discribed above.

He had, 3 skink heroes, 3 normal skinks, and 3 saurus, of which one was a hero. I think.

I charged his saurusĀ“ with all my heroes, except the centigor, as he was scooting out with the treasure chest, OMG he slaughtered my beastmen, I hit first, but I every die i rolled came up 1 or 2...

He got my leader and my 2 bestigors OOA, and killed my ungors too, in return I did nothing...

This event, and the fact that the owner of the mini's I have been borrowing is selling his beastmen army, has settled my mind, Im stopping the beasties. Thats right Im a quitter... and Im not proud of it... Mad

Hehe, I'll focus on 40k for a bit (I have a full eldar army who needs painting) but I'll be back with a vengance, I have a battleforce and an ogre command box unopened, which will be exchanged in for som bretonnian and other human sprues to convert alot of sinister human warbands.... Muhuahaha

So see ya in the other mordheim threads...

*with a tear in the eye* So long Rathgars Raiders
Back to top Go down
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Raiders of Rathgar the Brayer   beastmen - Beastmen Raiders of Rathgar the Brayer Icon_minitimeMon 4 Feb 2008 - 19:24

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.ashtonsanders.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Raiders of Rathgar the Brayer   beastmen - Beastmen Raiders of Rathgar the Brayer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beastmen Raiders of Rathgar the Brayer
Page 1 of 1