Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Relics of the Crusades- Slavers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Joker2and53
Warlord
Warlord
Joker2and53

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers
Achievements earned: none

Relics of the Crusades- Slavers Empty
PostSubject: Relics of the Crusades- Slavers   Relics of the Crusades- Slavers Icon_minitimeFri 28 Nov 2008 - 21:57

Has anyone ever made a Slavers Warband? Because I have exams coming up, I just had to read through Relics of Crusades again, which got me to thinking that the slavers actually sound like a really cool warband. Are they overpowered compared to the Mordheim warbands, or do they play well with non Relics warbands? The book mentioned using some of GW's lord of the rings models for slavers, any one have any thoughts as to this? I think a Slaver warband may be my post norse project (assuming I ever finish my merchant caravan and get to start on my norse project that is).

Thanks
Eric
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Relics of the Crusades- Slavers   Relics of the Crusades- Slavers Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jan 2009 - 3:54

Hey Eric,
I've been beating up on Slavers for a few weeks now with Turjuks, so I have some things to say about them.

Slaves are obviously weak. The Ogre is easy to kill unless he becomes a hero. So far my friend has had no luck at that. Otherwise the warband is pretty well rounded. Its been the low warband in our campaign for the last 7 weeks or so, but that is mostly down to my friend's slow learning curve.

See campaign reports here--
http://forums.fireteamnova.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=121

Hope that helps and that you are still interested in the Slavers after all this time
js
Back to top Go down
MagnoliaFan
Warlord
Warlord
MagnoliaFan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar

PostSubject: Re: Relics of the Crusades- Slavers   Relics of the Crusades- Slavers Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jan 2009 - 9:10

Hey Joker2and53, I never herad of Relics of crusades. Are these some kind of non GW warbands? and where can you find those rules?
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Relics of the Crusades- Slavers   Relics of the Crusades- Slavers Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jan 2009 - 9:14

MagnoliaFan wrote:
Hey Joker2and53, I never herad of Relics of crusades. Are these some kind of non GW warbands? and where can you find those rules?

The Relics of the Crusades thread is currently right above this one. Now when I press "send" and publish this post it will be right below.. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
MagnoliaFan
Warlord
Warlord
MagnoliaFan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar

PostSubject: Re: Relics of the Crusades- Slavers   Relics of the Crusades- Slavers Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jan 2009 - 9:35

Haha, I saw it, tnx!
Back to top Go down
Joker2and53
Warlord
Warlord
Joker2and53

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: Relics of the Crusades- Slavers   Relics of the Crusades- Slavers Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jan 2009 - 14:55

Von Kurst wrote:

See campaign reports here--
http://forums.fireteamnova.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=121

Hope that helps and that you are still interested in the Slavers after all this time
js

Thanks for the link! I actually managed to round up enough people for a reasonable Border Town Burning campaign in my local area, so the merchant caravans are my current project. We've already played two games, I even have AARs drawn up for them, but no pictures, just narratives. Still though, I'll follow your group's progress from afar.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Relics of the Crusades- Slavers   Relics of the Crusades- Slavers Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jan 2009 - 15:44

We'll be heading to Border Town when Relics ends. Speaking of following progress have you posted these AARs?

js
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Relics of the Crusades- Slavers   Relics of the Crusades- Slavers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Relics of the Crusades- Slavers
Page 1 of 1